The purpose of this page is to highlight corrections, updates and edits made to posts on Geek Native.
As stated in Geek Native’s accuracy policy this blog will always try to be factually correct. Please let us know if you see an error. The blog does, however, post opinions. If you disagree with an opinion, you are welcome to leave a comment.
Mistakes are made because we are human. The goal of the page is to increase transparency and prevent the spread of misinformation.
This page was added in 2020 and backdated one month.
- Old D&D products carry a new disclaimer on the DMs Guild -Updated to include Wizards of the Coast’s social media statement explaining the change.
- ENnies 2020 nominee will refuse any awards until organisers address 2017 controversy – Received information from the ENnies to point out leadership and policy changes since 2017 and that entry to the awards are voluntary
- Free to Download: Castles & Crusades Players Handbook 7th printing – article originally said 7th edition, when it should have been 7th printing.
- Free samples of Fantastic Lairs spurs Kickstarter campaign on – The “Half-Dragon Knight” was incorrectly called a “Dragonborn Knight”.
- 20% off as Dungeon Masters Guild and Storytellers Vault Play It Forward – Updated to clarify only downloads 30 days old get 20% off.
- The new Free RPG Day team announce their 2020 partners – This article has been updated because Free RPG Day was given a new post-COVID date.
- Crunchyroll releases Winter 2020 stats; Black Clover dominates – headline briefly said 2019, not 2020.
- UK Games Expo delayed because of Covid-19 – Tabletop Scotland will reschedule to avoid the clash.
- Free to Download: R. Talsorian Games makes Teenagers from Outerspace free for a while – Post initially said the game came out in 97, but that was for the third edition, Teenagers from Outerspace first edition dates to 1987.
- Red Thread of Fate, the tabletop game about lovers, finally launches on Kickstarter – Chaosium has cancelled the Kickstarter, citing Covid-19.
- Adventures in Dugatai: The Mystic East 5e adventure shuttered at birth – Jetpack 7 has confirmed the project has definitely been cancelled.
- Goodman Games avoids Judges Guild payments; donates to charity – Fixed a typo in the first paragraph ‘espousing’ replacing the incorrect ‘exposing’.
- RPG publishers cut ties with the Judges Guild Game Company after bigotry expose – An update to this post merges two sentences to make it clear that Frog God Games have had nothing to do with the Overlord Kickstarter except provide some rescue funds.
- Hunters Kickstart the Altered Carbon RPG – Hunters confirmed they meant ‘hardback’ when they said ‘hardcopy’.
- Beasts and Barbarians return to the Bundle of Holding – The original article incorrectly stated Humble Bundle, instead of the Bundle of Holding.
- Do these dice say 100 or 10? – The “Singles Before Tens” table was updated with the right example.
- D&D leak: Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount with Matthew Mercer – Updated with the cover illustration for the book, which ‘leaked’ via a Barnes & Noble page.
- The incredible gold value of a silk caravan in D&D – Updated to reflect expert advice; a yard of silk is not always 36 x 36. This brings the value of the caravan down.
- Free Content Friday: Hunters Entertainment ramps up the free RPG giveaways – Corrected: Free Content Friday is not every Friday; it’s the first Friday of the month.
- DriveThruRPG’s best selling RPGs of the decade – Added ‘DriveThruRPG’ to the title.
- D&D character sheets for players with dyslexia – Updated to keep track with the changes made to the character sheets by the original designers.
- Wind Rose: Diggy Diggy Hole – Updated to show that Wind Rose’s version of Diggy Diggy Hole is a cover.
- The other best selling fantasy RPGs of 2019 – We discovered the data DriveThruRPG had provided was for products published in 2019 only. The post was updated accordingly, and the change highlighted.
- The best selling sci-fi RPGs of 2019 – We discovered the data DriveThruRPG had provided was for products published in 2019 only. The post was updated accordingly, and the change highlighted.