Subscribers of the daily digest email may have noticed a difference to yesterday’s email.
A few years ago, the number of articles in the email was reduced from ten to five to make it less daunting. However, most people subscribe to the digest to scan everything that Geek Native published in a day and in recent weeks there’s been more than five articles.
The new magic number? Seven.
As an experiment, the daily digest email now lists the seven most recent stories that haven’t been in the daily digest email before. The format is the same (but tidied up) with a headline across the top and two columns below that. Whitelisting the geeknative.com domain will make a big difference to the delivery of the email too as, sadly, many WordPress blogs don’t behave with their own newsletters.
Did you know Geek Native has a shop? Mr Root, the news reading minotaur, is just one of the designs you can buy on a range of merch. Each purchase contributes a few pennies to Geek Native’s dusty purse and is therefore not only fashionably geeky but very much appreciated too!
Ready for the news blast? Here it comes!
Win 6 Nimmt!
RPG news from Geek Native
- Silver Vine Publishing launches to bring indie Japanese RPGs to DriveThruRPG in English.
- EN Publishing is working on an advanced ruleset for D&D 5e that does without fantasy races in Level Up.
- Strata Miniatures are launching a second wave of combat wheelchair minis.
- You can get free Fighting Fantasy branded dice by pre-ordering Crystal of Storms.
- Tabletop Gaming magazine will run Virtual Tabletop Gaming Live.
- There’s a host of FUDGE games in The Bundle of Holding, and some are available for the first time.
- Adamant Entertainment launches a D6 powered fantasy-science RPG called Star System: Every Star A Destination.
- Geek Native has an exclusive look at Andrew J Lucas’ New Bristol superhero setting for Endless Realms and Savage Worlds.
- Geek Native was also able to exclusively reveal Kickstarter plans and a look at Acheron, a mature RPG.
- Cubicle 7 has made their Free RPG Day starter for Wrath & Glory Rain of Mercy available.
- As a free download or as a pay what you want offering, you can get a copy of Luka Rejec’s Ultraviolet Grasslands Player Guide.
- Paizo has launched a playtest for Pathfinder Secrets of Magic’s two new classes.
- R. Talsorian Games has confirmed the writing of Cyberpunk Red is done.
- DriveThruRPG is getting a facelift.
- Roll20Con 2020 has dates and a charity partner.
- MORK BORG has a license for third-party creators.
- Andrews McMeel publishing have picked up Into the Dungeon.
- Andrews McMeel also secured the beautiful looking Neverland RPG.
- On a roll, Andrews McMeel also picked up Swordsfall.
- Adult Swim have made a free D&D 5e-powered Tigtone RPG.
RPG news from around the web
- Osprey Publishing has released another update for Those Dark Places RPG.
- Polygon’s Charlie Hall thinks D&D’s next adventure will test even the best Dungeon Masters.
- Aaron T Huss has reviewed the silent RPG Alice is Missing.
- Cubicle 7 has revealed WRPP Death on the Reik Companion layouts.
- They also shared the Age of Sigmar: Soulbound – Print Proofs.
- Duncan Thomson of RandRoll has released a large and final series of updates to the D&D 5e Encounters Generator.
- CBR.com’s Liam Nolan wades in with Dungeons & Dragons: Policing Accessibility Is Not in the Spirit of Co-Op.
- Over at EN World, Been Reece reviewed Pathfinder The Slithering.
- At Gnome Stew, Jared Rascher reviews Kids on Brooms.
- Dicebreakers’ Khee Hoon Chan wrote an insightful piece with The fatigue and loneliness of playing tabletop RPGs online in a pandemic.
RPG new releases
- Monte Cook Games have released We Are All Mad Here.
- Free League Publishing’s cinematic adventure for the ALIEN RPG Destroyer of Worlds is out.
- UFO Press has published Shattered City.
- Classless Kobolds have published the RPG Weird North.
- Loke Battle Maps are taking pre-orders on the Giant Book of Battle Mats II.
- Griffon Lore Games have released the 5e Burials of Teganshire.
- Thunderegg Productions have published Stormwing: Wanderer Gambook+ Book One.
- Sean F Smith has released Exuviae: Relics of House Dragonfly.
- Onyx Path Publishing has published Titanomachy a collection of threats for Scion 2e.
- Joe Adkisson has a Blades in the Dark based RPG called Sea of Dead Men.
- Chaosium has published 7th Sea: Secrets Societies.
- Steve Jackson Games has these two new Dungeon Encounter Dice.
RPG ideas, tips and discoveries
- Ben and the genre police discuss time-travelling tips when planning a campaign.
- A D&D parody song of Someone You Loved. It’s A Wizard You Loved.
- Phil Nicholls of Roleplaying Tips wrote up How To Fill In The Blanks – Drawing Maps Dungeon World Style.
- Kobold Press’ Greg Marks gets into Trapmaster: Finding Your Purpose.
- Noah Lloyd shares his number one technique for running tabletop games.
- Arcane Eye offer up 7 Tabletop Games To Play If You Like D&D.
- Angels Citadel has Cypher System advice on GM Intrusions: What They Are and How to Use Them.
- Draconick suggests Top 5 things to do after a TTRPG session.
You can see those Kickstarters and other crowdfunding campaigns that caught Geek Native’s attention over at Kickstarter watch. Here are some industry projects worth a mention;
- Dog Might Games are offering to produce this Limited Edition Spellbound GM Screen.
- Tome of Summoning is going amazingly well with nearly $40,000 pledged for this illustrated reference system.
- Joey Royale is offering up roleplaying for the masses with Darkest Dice.
- Ruis Lugo is crowdfunding a set of Rorschach Dice.
- The Fourth Place is on Kickstarter with Green + RPG safety cards and check-in system.
- Ryan Haden has a browser-based token creation and manipulation tool in the shape of The Token Vault.
- Smunchy Games are working on a deck-building tabletop RPG called Parselings.
- Philip Reed has over 100 rumours in the Book of Collected Rumors, for use with Fantasy RPGs.
- Scott Hibbard is working on a player-driven narrative tabletop experience called Heavenscape: Exordia.
- Levi Combs has a weird fantasy module for D&D in the shape of Glimmering Crypt of the Ioun King.
- Byzantium Gaming Studios is collecting pledges for a TTRPG designed to let players follow characters through the generations with Legacies and Dynasties.
- John Battle imagines a tabletop RPG as a virtual space like an MMO with .dungeon.
- Ajey Pandey has successfully funded a new lightning-fast RPG system called The Bolt RPG Engine.
If there’s a source or news you think is worth monitoring, please get in touch or leave a comment below.