That was the week that was. Now it’s time for an RPG news summary, and a bullet-point speed headline look at what happened.
Sanguine Productions won RPG Publisher Spotlight and I’ve been in touch. I hope to wrap up some questions next week, so that’s something to look forward to.
Geek Native also has a Discord server and social channels. The Discord has been in soft launch ever since it launched, but now the HQ move is out of the way; I hope to carve out more time for it. As a suggestion; more real-time chats in the Auditorium. How does that sound? On a similar note, TikTok (yep! there’s one) is abandoned, but I wonder whether actual videos of news snippets would be achievable, desirable and wise.
Outside of social media as a way of getting your RPG news, the Daily Digest email slowly but surely accrues members. Just keep in mind; it’s an email a day.
Now, let’s dig into that RPG news!
RPG news from Geek Native
- Geek Native has an exclusive preview of the Legends of the MetaVerse RPG.
- Tracy and Laura Hickman announced their first adventure world since Dragonlance with the 5e Skyraiders of Abarax.
- A scammer warning is in place for people tempted by Christmas tree dice spinners, as there’s only one official retailer.
- However, Dog Might Games are investigating and have some gorgeous prototypes for these novel wooden d20 fidget spinners.
- To complement and avoid the bottleneck of ZineQuest, the Zine Creators Workshop announced SideQuest.
- It’s already a huge success. Stellagama Publishes the OSR-style Cepheus Deluxe.
- I took quick look at the bare bones RPG Mclain.
- There was an even quicker look at the entirely free sci-fi tabletop RPG VAST – No Port Called Home.
- Brittannia Games launched a new STL line for Chivalry & Sorcery.
- The Toxic Seas are gearing up for another run at Kickstarter and doing so with free adventures.
- River Horse opened the doors for pre-orders on The Dark Crystal RPG.
- Over at the Bundle of Holding, there’s a new Numenera deal.
Spotlight: Sanguine Productions
RPG news from around the web
- DriveThruRPG has a brief but tempting September Setting Sale.
- ICO Partners released their mid-2021 for the state of Kickstarter Games.
- WizKids announced Wild Beyond the Witchlight supplements and accesories.
- In The Wild Beyond the Witchlight previews, there’s some from D&D Beyond with the Jabberwock and Screen Rant had art and page excepts.
- Cubicle 7 revealed more about their 5e version of the steampunk Victoriana.
- Event booking is open for AlbaCon 2021.
RPG reviews and interviews from around the web
- Wargamer points out that New Warhammer 40k RPG adventure has “literally thousands of Nurglings.
- Angel’s Citadel reviewed Low Fantasy Gaming’s Class Toolkit Compendium.
- Halfway Station 3.0 reviewed Pathfinder for SWADE Companion.
- Antonios S reviewed Cubicle 7’s Middenheim: City of the White Wolf, Power behind the Thone and Power Behind the Throne Companion.
- Jared Rascher looked at the Southlands Players Guide.
- At Gnome Stew, Jared also reviewed ECB: External Containment Bureau, Hearts of Wulin and the 2nd edition of the Doctor Who RPG.
- Endzeitgeist reviewed Arcforge: Ravages of the Qlippoth.
- Reviews from R’lyeh looked at the OSR magazine and volume 2 of Knock!
- Egg Embry interviewed Plus One Exp’s Tony Vasinda for Down We Go.
- Dicebreaker talk to Magpie. Avatar Legends RPG designers were prepared for success, but nearly $10m on Kickstarter changed things.
- Kotaku interviewed Chris Perkins about The Wild Beyond the Witchlight.
- As did Polygon with an article that mentions Conky fairies.
- ComicBook points out that Dungeons & Dragons Brings Back Alignments in Monster Statblocks.
- At EN World, Charles interviewed Jeremy Childrey about Cocaine and Alligators.
RPG new releases
- Ben Newbon published a “naturepunk” game of animal mashups with Overgrown.
- It’s a big one! Meteor Tales release the 1200MB Lore & Quest: Tabletop RPG Aid.
- Kyle Tam released an RPG about being loved with Beloved: A Lost & Found RPG.
- The Rune^Forge released the cyberpunk OSR RPG Neon Blood.
- Cubicle 7 hit publish on the Wrath & Glory adventure The Lord of the Spire.
RPG bundle deals
- Save $10.91 (37%) with this DMs Guild The Eberron Collection bundle.
- Save $10.77 (40%) with Rosethrone Publishing’s 2021 Northern Tier bundle.
- Save $9.99 (10%) with Lore Wise Games’ 210 Potions bundle.
- Save $2.08 (11%) on DriveThruRPG’s Scion Multipack bundle.
RPG ideas, tips and discoveries
- Charles shared his latest Warhammer World Building with a return to the Empire of the Old World.
- Podcast Ain’t Slayed Nobody wrapped their first season and told Geek Native how they used the Malleus Monstrorum.
- “Off Duty Gamemaster” and other Geek Native merch now available as caps via the store.
- It’s not Geek Native merch, but still very geeky! A 4-in-1 modular dice tower.
- Troy Press dug into the Probabilities of 2d6 Compared to d6 Dice Pools.
- Sea of Stars shared some of Sean’s GenCon Advice 2021.
You can see those Kickstarters and other crowdfunding campaigns that caught Geek Native’s attention over at Kickstarter watch. Here are some industry projects worth a mention;
- WilhelMiniatures has funded a set of fantasy resin minis called Caves & Creeps.
- Txarli Factory suggests they’ve the best STL dice tower designs in THE GAME OF DESTINY _ Dice Towers.
- Rugose Kohn offers three more escapades for Mork Borg in the Adventure Chapbook Volume 2.
- Xacur has 5e Knightly Orders and Unholy Warriors in The Tiny Tome of Chivalry.
- Emvicreative has 32mm resin castled fierce and bloody goblins in Greenskull Castle – Heroes & Legends.
- Colette Chappell has won hundreds of backers for the great looking and glow in the dark Descent into the Underworld – Dice by Little Dragon Corp
- Diego Martinez has a set of STL files for Theory Band miniatures.
- Michael Mars Gaming has funded The Canon Fartherall Player’s Guide for 5e and Pathfinder 1e.
- An interactive Twitch show called D20 Deathmatch.
- Alessio Benedetti has designed a set of counters for D&D and amateur games.
- Fredrik Rosado wants to fund a 3D printing social platform for minis and RPG board games.
- Resin working Ashley P is funding DND dice boxes.
- RC Craigo has a 3d-printable Pet Carrier Style Dice Box.
- Kris McDermott has a set of digital assets with Meanders 5 Tabletop RPG Maps: Orcs.
- Legend Craft has a GM screen made with a steel lamination system. It’s the Vanguard: The Steel Magnetic Privacy Screen.
- Leyline Press are on Kickstarter for their first project with Andromeda: Module for Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG.
- Phil Stone has funded a 5e sourcebook/spellbook in the shape of The Complete Illustrated Book of Abjuration.
- Nyhur is offering up a collection of bio-punk weapons in the Alien Armory.
- Yog’du Games wants to take us to an ancient prison partially filled with lava. It’s the Tomb of Immolation TinyD6.
- Pin Twins want you to wear the DND OWLBEAR & D20 DICE ENAMEL PINS.
- Ed Teizeria has funded the solo and co-op 5150 New Beginnings Sci Fi RPG.
If there’s a source or news you think is worth monitoring, please get in touch or leave a comment below.