Welcome to the weekend, geeks!
If you want to keep up with the blog, even without even visiting the blog, then check out all the social media platforms you can hang around on to make friends and watch the headlines.
There’s a daily digest of the latest seven stories by email too.
Kickstarter? Absolutely, get in touch but I strongly recommend reading “promoting your Kickstarter” first. In short, I want to make sure Geek Native readers get some sort of benefit from discovering a Kickstarter on the site.
Right now, here’s the rest of the RPG news!
RPG news from Geek Native
- UFO Press merged into Rowan, Rook and Decard.
- Free League Publishing announced Vaesen: Mythic Britain.
- Edge Studios and Fantasy Flight Games seemed to announce the Twilight Imperium: Embers of the Imperium RPG.
- Modiphius released the digital edition of the 2d20 Dune RPG.
- SR 16 released this play over the phone horror sci-fi RPG Incoming Call.
- Goodman Games has bought Dark Tower from the unpleasant Judges’ Guild and while stocks last they are also giving away Conan books with physical orders over $25.
- Geek Native reviewed the forthcoming Tri-Forge RPG LokDown.
- dScryb launched on Foundry with a membership giveaway.
- The 5th edition of Chivalry and Sorcery is available on the Bundle of Holding.
- $10 will get you $90 worth of RPGs you may well not have and support designer Tiago Rolim.
- Handiwork are giving away six D&D 5e monsters.
RPG Publisher LPJ Design
RPG news from around the web
- UltraPro announced their Dungeons & Dragons Class Character Folios.
- Paizo revleaed their Pathfinder Society release schedule.
- D&D Beyond announced that The All New D&D Beyond App is Coming.
- Kobold Press was announced as a co-sponsor of Dungeon Con Online.
- Dicebreaker’s Alex Meehan covers the news that Venture Maidens actual play podcast launches its own RPG sourcebook for D&D 5E.
- Evil Hat’s Sean Nittner shared AGON’s epic journey to Roll20.
- Icarus Games has announced a new monthly RPG magazine called Sidequest.
RPG reviews and interviews from around the web
- Refereeing and Reflections reviewed the gamebook Star Bastards.
- Angel’s Citadel reviewed Band of Blades.
- Paul StJ Mackintosh reviewed Brittannia Game Design’s Chivalry & Sorcery supplement Land of the Rising SUn, 2nd edition.
- Throat Punch Games offered up a ring side report – RPG review of Planet Apocalypse.
- Just Push Start’s Oliver East reviewed Candlekeep Mysteries.
- Sean Hillman wrote up Black Sword Hack: First Impressions.
- Nerds on Earth reviewed Lost Omens Ancestry Guide For Pathfinder 2nd edition.
- Savage Spiel posted Terminator Quickstart Reviewed.
- Egg Embry interviewed Mike Myler about Legendary Adventures.
RPG new releases
- Possum Creek Games’ released a PDF version of Jay Dragon’s pastoral RPG Wanderhome.
- Modiphius published Black Cat Gaming’s The Spy Game RPG.
- Tritonis Games released the Powered by the Apocalypse RPG Colony: SALEM.
- Gulix published the GM-less RPG Facing the Titan.
- Cubicle 7 released the complete Wrath & Glory Litanies of the Lost and the Soulbound adventure Through Fire and Smoke.
- Darkworm Colt released the Dungeon World RPG Bound for Glory.
- Micro RPG’s Micro Chapbook RPG: Quickstart Edition is out with a $0.50 price tag.
- Game and a Curry released an RPG where each player has two characters. It’s Questlings.
- Long Games released the solo RPG Blind Luck – The Last Engineer.
- Onyx Path Publishing released in PDF and print the 5e Yugman’s Guide to Ghelspad Collected Volume.
- Tibbius released a Tunnel Goons based adventure game called Blood Sky.
- Last Redoubt Games published the rules-lite cyberpunk RPG Augmented and mysterious Weirdwood.
- Gallant Knight Games released the second edition of For Coin & Blood.
- Accessible Games published Accessible Gaming Quartley Issue 4.
RPG ideas, tips and discoveries
- The Genre Police looked into the importance of player roles at the table.
- EducationalAd3185 has shared this pair of impressive Theros maps.
- Roll With Me is an impressive digital dice roller.
- SendingStone is an even more impressive video chat suit and virtual tabletop.
- Geek Native asked (and found an answer for ) What’s the opposite of dump stat?
- Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan shared some Reality Hacks for the Esoterrorists.
- GameRant’s Anthony Puleo wrote up Dungeons and Dragons: The Case for and Against Releasing 6e.
- Tribality’s Kevin Victor Rae shared 5 tips for outlining a TTRPG session.
- Sly Flourish offered advice on Running Session Zeroes.
- Theo Kogod at CBR wrote up How to Scale Candlekeep Mysteries’ Adventures for Different Levels.
- Cross Planes whisked up Star Frontiers: Dralasites for Cepheus Quantum.
You can see those Kickstarters and other crowdfunding campaigns that caught Geek Native’s attention over at Kickstarter watch. Here are some industry projects worth a mention;
- Moonmares Games have unique dice on offer with intricate layers and Japanese symbols. TERA DICE (2nd Edition) – Japanese Architectural Design Dice
- Jason Hughes has crowdfunded a tiny Powered by the Apocalypse RPG set on Devil Dice Island.
- Tabletops and Tentacles has Kickstarted a conversion with A Bug’s Guide to the Shimmer for Troika!
- Miracle Manufacturing has dice set in a maze. It’s Rolling Maze—a metal dice set for RPG with the conception of
- Eric Smith has a solo or co-op campaign for 5e called Seidkona Saga: Wizards of the High Tower.
- Wider Path Games have hit their $10,000 goal to fund the family RPG Adventure Builder.
- Marc is on Kickstarter to fund the production of a D&D/RPG Organizer for Dice Fanatics.
- Flamberga’s adventure will ask players to pick sides. It’s LORD: a Mörk Borg Adventure.
- TheAlpineDM is a blog that helps GM and has now funded the Ekemon’s Exotic Mounts | A 5e Compatible Supplement.
- RN Estudio is offering pre-supported 3d models for printing with Mythexplorers – STL.
- Galaad is a sculptor offering 33+ Into the woods, 3D printable miniatures.
- Utopia Tabletop is looking to fund interlocking, wet-erase and reusable titles for tabletop RPGs. It’s Utopia Terrain: Tiles for DnD.
- Stratation Design wants to help you immerse into tabletop games with Original Collection of STL Tabletop Decors.
- Hal Kennette and Studio M – have a supplement for the Akashic class in Pathfinder 1e called The Soulforge.
- Jerry Joe Seltzer is an illustrator and one-time regular contributor to TSR’s Dragon magazine. He has funded playable critters for 5e with UnFamiliar: Release The Tiny Beasts.
- Ralph Levi Clark is funding a box set of D&D goodies with 5E Magic Items: Special Magical Mystery Collections.
- The Cantrip Cast have smashed their funding goal for a 5e sourcebook with new guests, classes, races and monsters. The project is The Codex of Quests.
- Edward Spettigue worked for Games Workshop for 22 years and is now offering a range of wagon models with 15mm Baggage Trains, Wagons, Camps, Accessories and More!
- Christian Augustine is working on AI-powered mapping software that’ll create worlds for you. It’s Ageless Chronicles – A Tabletop RPG in an Infinite World.
- Ania Konczak has a book of eight romantic adventures and rules for relationships in 5e. It’s What a lovely adventure – romantic LGBTQ+ one-shot anthology.
- Jon Koliner is working on simple dice that drive complex and unexpected narratives in RPG. They’re Spiral Dice.
- Morrus and EN Publishing are offering a softcover of dragons with Here There Be Dragons: Unique Dragons For Your D&D Game!
- SL MacLellan has an OSR-inspired RPG about braving the wilderness to defend the innocent with Rangers of the Midden Vale.
- Pariah Miniatures is offering a set of 28mm scale undead pirates and water monsters for 3d-printing with The Blighted Privateers.
- Steve Darlington is funding an RPG designed for two players about the mystery of TV. It’s Partners.
- Arthur Wang and wide are offering hand-polished Fantasy solid metal coins for DnD & RPGs by TrueBlack Forge.
- Paddy Finn and Penny Dragon Games have hit their campaign target for a 300-paged D&D book, a 200-paged adventure and more with Aizendore’s Vault of Tragic Treasure – Magic Items for 5e.
- Aradia Miniatures have raised more than CHF 70,000 for their resin minis with Ultima Thule: the Battle of Hyperborea.
- Andrew Taylor has made target for Agimori, Lunars, Ducks and Character Figures.
- Fabled Antics is offering a complete boxed set adventure for kids aged 6+ with The Mysteries of Coral Cove: 5e adventure.
- J.R. Holland III has a modern style tabletop with steampunk technology and magic. It’s Fable Time Book 1 – THETA.
- Giochistarter is an Italian publisher who think you can do better than cardboard coin props and are offering Historical metal coins, wave 3
- Realmwarp Media return to Kickstarter for their 5e setting Cities of Myth (5e): Atlantis Divided.
- Twisted Image Publishing has an indie RPG about travelling to the North on an ancient road. Venture into The Bleakness.
- On Indiegogo, Kabouter Games has launched the OSR-ish Spears & Spells.
If there’s a source or news you think is worth monitoring, please get in touch or leave a comment below.