It’s coming up to the end of the month and so take a look at the RPG Publisher Spotlight poll.
If you’re a Patreon, then you get to vote and pick a publisher for Geek Native to write up.
Fighting Fantasy is 38 this week. That’s a long run for The Warlock of Firetop Mountain.
If you’re a Routinely Itemised fan but struggle to find it on busy Fridays then this IFTTT email hack might be helpful. It’s a simple technique of using an automation site to trigger email alerts when new content on Geek Native uses the Routinely Itemised tag.
Ready for the news blast? Here it comes!
RPG news from Geek Native
- Geek Native speaks to the longest-serving designer in the RPG industry; Ken St Andre.
- Geek Native reviewed Green Ronin’s The Lost Citadel.
- A D&D listing on Amazon was quickly revealed to be Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything.
- Living up to the name, Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything looks to include a range of updates from Artificer Artillerists to Psionic Mids.
- Wizards of the Coast are going to run a weekend of virtual tabletop RPGs.
- Green Ronin confirm plans to launch and discount print on demand for Sword Chronicle.
- Cubicle 7 reveals art from inside Wrath & Glory: The Forsaken System’s Players Guide.
- Dragon Warriors is getting an adventure called The Cursed King.
- World Anvil makes it easier to manage politics in your campaign world with Diplomacy Webs.
- EN Publishing takes pre-orders on Rogue Trooper.
- There’s a host of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st edition in the Bundle of Holding.
- There are a huge selection of 3D print designs for fantasy minis on Humble Bundle.
- Tales from the Loop launches on Roll20.
- Design a D&D adventure for Core and impress these RPG celebrities.
- 9th Level Games have announced a new Polymorph RPG called Business Wizards.
- Raid alien technology and die a glorious Viking death with Fragnarock.
- Geek Native talks to Chris Lites, the lead writer on the fourth edition of Twilight: 2000, about the lure of the apocalypse.
- A new encounter-focused and free to use virtual tabletop called BattleMapp launches
- Check out the winners of the UK Games Expo Awards 2020.
RPG news from around the web
- Cubicle 7 has revealed the covers for Soulbound: Champions of Order and art for Warhammer: Death on the Reil Companion.
- Shannon Appelcline updated the impressive The Chaosium Connections chart.
- Green Ronin talks us through What’s Coming for Modern AGE.
- Aaron T. Huss of the Roleplayers Chronicle reviewed Liminal.
- Bleeding Cool’s Gavin Sheehan reviews Dungeons & Dragons: The Book of Holding.
- Wizards of the Coast have shipping delays on Rime of the Frostmaiden dice.
- Serpent King Games announced the Dragon Warriors campaign Brymstone.
- Venture Beat explored Roll20 and James Introcaso’s Burn Bryte.
- Paizo Publishing has put their Free RPG Adventures up in their store.
- Paizo also talked about Rarity and Availability in Organised Play.
- Mother Jones’ Plague Comforts series opined Dungeons & Dragons Is the Real World Now.
- Over at EN World, Egg Embry had a Twilight: 2000 interview with Free League Publishing.
- Meanwhile, for d20Radio, Embry talked to Josh Heath of High Level Games about Dealing With Your Demons.
- Geek Tyrant wrote up Find Your Next TTRPG Group with StartPlaying.
- Matt Jarvis interviewed Cody Pondsmith on bringing Cyberpunk Red up to the present, keeping the ’80s style and building up to 2077.
RPG new releases
- Available from Amazon as a hardcover is Dungeons & Randomness’ D&D 5e setting The Adventurer’s Guide to Theria.
- Bez Bezson has free downloads of Safety Cards for RPGs for you and a Patreon if you want to offer support.
- The Punk Wrangler has a Name Your Own Price RPG about serving an ambitious Princess. It’s For Her Elegance.
- Long Games published a crime-solving RPG called Crime Scene. There’s a 24-hour sale on.
- You can now get the Nordic horror RPG Vaesen from Free League Publishing in print.
- Chaosium has published the Call of Cthulhu adventure The Shadow Over Providence.
- Celeste Conowitch has a 5e adventure in which you explore Dino World.
- For the Shadow of the Demon Lord, it is Murder by Numbers.
- Earl of Fife Games published an adventure for 13th Age called The Darkling Legacy.
- Cthulhu Reborn has published the Apocthulhu RPG core rules.
- For the druid that decided peace was never an option; it’s the Circle of the Honk.
- Exclusively available via Modiphius’ store is the John Carter of Mars: Legacy Map of Barsoom.
- Roll20 now has Savage Worlds Deadlands tokens.
- Dundas West Games have published an RPG about the Canadian trenches of the First World War called Ross Rifles.
RPG ideas, tips and discoveries
- It’s a huge and soapy d20 on a rope.
- Yes Thieves Can have some memorable creature designs as VTT and print tokens.
- The Genre Police look at how to manage time travel in your RPGs.
- Snuggle up with this huge dungeon blanket.
- Homebrewery is home to a large and growing D&D 5e setting book called Traveller’s Guide to Elusis.
- Deep and meaningful thoughts on the ethics of necromancy.
- The Goblin’s Henchman wrote up the Caterpillar Method for Character Generation.
- Christian Hoffer of ComicBook.com helped out with Dungeons & Dragons: Who is Tasha?.
- Kobold Press and Jerry LeNeave share The 4th Pillar: Adventure Isn’t Balanced.
- Forbes’ Rob Wieland wrote up Add A Dark Empire To Your Dungeons & Dragons World.
- Leona Maple wrote a piece for Roll20 to answer What Does at TTRPG Sensitivity Reader Do?
- Stargazer’s World shared some old content that raises questions about The Misogyny at the Core of Our Hobby.
You can see those Kickstarters and other crowdfunding campaigns that caught Geek Native’s attention over at Kickstarter watch. Here are some industry projects worth a mention;
- It’s not a notebook. It’s a tool for tracking and chronicling your D&D adventures. It’s an Adventure Journal.
- Andrew J Lucas has a campaign setting for Savage Worlds called New Bristol.
- Enrica Martine is funding a range of impressive dice including The Enneagram set and Mosquito in Amber.
- Aberrate Press has an unusual setting guide for D&D 5e in the shape of A Travellers Guide to the Candy Realms.
- OldGamersWorkshop (OGW) are supporting the Euro-comics RPG Troubleshooters with an Official Miniature Line.
- Simply Kosmic Designs have a Gelatinous Cube called Naughty Dice Dungeon.
- Darkraven Games have made the target for MP3 and FLAC Valhalla Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes.
- Dominic M. will publish the fourth collection of adventure models for D&D 5e in the shape of SideQuests 4.
- Mousehole Press has a new space station RPG zine called ORBITAL.
- Sigil Stone Publishing has a book for fleshing out your character’s life and lineage. It’s Five Torches Deep: Origins.
- Archon Studio is funding plastic terrain again with Dungeons & Lasers Second Edition.
- Unlimited Realms LTD have a notebook approach for building RPG settings in the shape of The Deck of Rumours.
- Deep Dungeon Games has 50 magic items in The Sentient Selection.
- Ralph DiSylvestro has aliens, mutants and what’s left of humanity in a post-apocalyptic RPG called Residuum.
If there’s a source or news you think is worth monitoring, please get in touch or leave a comment below.