Black Lives Matter and, by and large, we’ve seen unequivocal support from tabletop game publishers.
Welcome to the RPG news summary that is Routinely Itemised. You’re reading issue #52 which means this little column has been going for a whole year.
It feels like a good time to revisit some Routinely Itemised options you have access to. There’s the daily digest that the blog sends automatically with the most recent 5 new stories, since the last daily digest, but also you can use this IFTTT technique to just get email alerts when Routinely Itemised is published.
There are other ways to follow Geek Native’s news, though, including Facebook and Twitter. There is also the Telegram broadcast which will ping your phone, or which can update silently in the background, with each new post.
However you found today’s summary, you’ve successfully made it here and so let us check out the RPG news bullet-points below.
RPG news from Geek Native
- Black Lives Matter fund bundle costs $5 and delivers $9,000+ worth of indie games, tabletop included.
- DM’s Guild and DriveThruRPG launch their Black Lives Matter bundles.
- After a Black Lives Matter backlash, Origins Online is cancelled.
- D&D Live is coming and it’ll announce the next storyline. Except, spoiler Rime of the Frostmaiden has leaked already.
- Wizards of the Coast make the ruling; Tritons have Darkvision.
- Help yourself to 1,00,000 square miles of virtual dungeon map.
- Picked up a copy of Mythic Odyssey of Theros? Here are five early DMs Guild supplements for the new setting.
- Join Kobold Press’ mailing list and get yourself part two of the adventure Fowl Play.
- Onyx Path, at short notice, has announced the virtual convention Onyx Path Con.
- Catscratcher Studio released the solo RPG Murder!
- Geek Native reviewed Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound.
- Ken St. Andre releases a new version of the Toughest Dungeon in the World.
- Magpie Games join Role even while the platform is Kickstarting.
- Monte Cook Games offer free PDF previews of The Threshold.
- Humble Bundle has a 5e set on offer called Dungeons, Mazes & Barrows.
- Teos Abadia has free to download Code of Conduct for your RPG project.
- Awesome Dice open pre-orders on these Cannabis-themed dice.
- Adam Koebel quits streaming.
RPG news from around the web
- Kobold Press announces Creature Codex Pocket Edition.
- World Anvil’s Janet Forbes interviews Nick Butler on Tide Breaker, & Creating Your Own RPG!
- Monte Cook Games are Doubling Their Matching Donation to Black Lives Matter.
- Egg Embry digs into The Epic of Dreams RPG with an interview with Drew Cochran.
- And on EN World, Embry interviews Will Sobel about The Book of Fiends.
- Comic Book’s Christian Hoffer covers the surprise D&D supplement and crossover Legends of Runeterra: Dark Tides of Bilgewater.
- Roll20 adds Fiasco to their marketplace, and it’s introduced with a guest post by Bully Pulpit Games.
- Paizo share their Free RPG Day plans and Pathfinder Battles: City of Lost Omens minis.
- Pinnacle spotlight Fainting Goat Games’ YOUniversal Monsters Omnibus.
- Cubicle 7 give us some help with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound – Crafting Adventures.
- Chaosium publish new titles in the Jonstown Compendium.
- R. Talsorian Games introduces us to the new Cyberpunk Red Edgerunners.
RPG ideas, tips and discoveries
- Need to name a secret society or cult in your game or perhaps for a character background? Try Geek Native’s Secret Society random generator.
- Art meets tabletop RPGs with this hand-drawn Tales of Old Orleans character sheet.
- Or perhaps you need to generate a dungeon map really quickly.
- Roll20 has made a list of Black Content Creators to Follow.
- Black Lives Matter and Keith Garrett from Gnome Stew has made a list of some of the game companies that have said so.
- Tor’s James Davis Nicoll shares Five SFF Works Inspired by RPGs.
- Goblin Punch offers up thoughts on Fixing Religion: Augury, Blasphemy, and Oaths (NSFW art).
- Justin Alexander shares this Ars Magica (5e) Sytem Cheat Sheet.
You can see those Kickstarters and other crowdfunding campaigns that caught Geek Native’s attention over at Kickstarter watch. Here are some industry projects worth a mention;
- Helmgast and Kult are back on Kickstarter, raising tens of thousands, with Horror Guide & Scenario Collection.
- NeverEnding is an online character builder with a library of art to design and animate your heroes.
- Square Hex and Peter Regan are back on Kickstarter with The Black Hack Second Edition – Classic Monsters.
- Zan’s Adventures are offering up a D&D 5e and Pathfinder 1e adventure called The Collector.
- Tuvarith is raising money for these 8oz D&D die candles.
- Nick Baran has hit the campaign target for a 0-level Dungeon Crawl Classics compatible adventure The Precipice of Corruption.
- Caleb Clanton is working on a tabletop RPG about protecting magic and science. It’s Miracle.
- Brian Berg is offering up an arsenal of new playable races, tactics and tricks for 5e with Book of Monstrous Might.
- Clint Aaron Mooney is raising funds for a set of modular tabletop visualization and management tools called Electrum: A Tabletop Game Companion.
- If you make your own tabletop models and dioramas then you might want to check out B&B Noozle’s Homemade Texture Rolling Pins.
- Dren Productions has a random dungeon generator called Architects of the Deep.
- InkSpector is a dice goblin and artist, and they’ve launched the low crunch sci-fi NerdBirds Tabletop RPG.
- A Kickstarter that’s going very well is Iain Lovecraft’s Pirates VS Cthulhu STL files and models.
- Alex Pazder has a system-neutral setting with a focus on diplomacy and intrigue called Tug of Titans.
- Anima Games is raising money for a 5e hardback adventure with custom minis with The Crystal Corruption.
- Ethan is a “Mathemagician” and game designer, and they’re asking for pledges to bring to life an RPG about mice in a magical garden. It’s Garden of the Giants.
- The Grinning Frog has a puzzle and trap-filled adventure for D&D 5e in the shape of The Cavern of Dentropi.
- Adam Collins is raising money for a long-distance hiking and survival RPG called The Hike That Binds Us.
- Gaudreau Steve’s 40th Kickstarter is a series of RPG maps and tokens. It’s The Thousand Swords Galleon.
- James is offering an RPG splat book with new classes, backgrounds, items and spells in a project called The Elegant Fount.
- Diego Pisa Artworks has a mini-setting for RPGs, including 5e, called Face the Colossus!
- Rafael Chandler is raising money for an OSR book inspired by heavy metal music. It’s a Metallic Tome.
- Glynn Seal of MonkeyBlood Design has smashed campaign target for an inspirational book based on British folklore called Folk Magic of the Haven Isles.
- Chance Phillips is raising money for an arthouse cyberpunk OSR based on The Black Hack called Dancing With Bullets Under a Neon Sun.
Gamerati News Update
Gamerati takes a look at Modiphius’ Conan the Adventurer.
If there’s a source or news you think is worth monitoring, please get in touch or leave a comment below.