Howdy, howdy! It’s RPG news summary Friday.
We’re also sneaking ever so closer to Halloween. Last year’s guest post from The Everhearth Inn is resurfacing as people look for spooky one-shots, but this article is all about new stuff.
So, let’s summarise the summary of new stuff first!
- There’s an official Assassin’s Creed TTRPG coming.
- The Avatar Legends TTRPG is here and on Demiplane.
- Joe Manganiello will co-direct a D&D documentary.
- Wizards have relaunched a D&D-making computer game studio.
- Cubicle 7 has bought the SINS RPG.
It’s also the third week of three busy Kickstarter weeks but Snowbright are using the new BackerKit platform for ink.
Now, let’s dive in with all that tabletop news! (and more bullet points!)
Competition: Chaos Curios Candles
RPG news from Geek Native
- CMON and Guillotine Press will publish an official Assassin’s Creed tabletop RPG.
- The RPG is now on pre-order, and Magpie Games also revealed that Avatar Legends will come to Demiplane with an Avatar Nexus.
- Nightfall Games has acquired the SINS RPG.
- Paizo has confirmed they’ve no more plans to do Starfinder or Pathfinder one-shots.
- Just ahead of the Kickstarter, Crowbar Creative and Exalted Funeral previewed the official Monty Python RPG.
- The Black Orifice (how’s that for a publisher name?) released a free to download Eternus sci-fi RPG quickstart.
- Shonner Press published a free essay / tips guide on How to Roleplaying the HARD Way.
- Geek Native reviewed RPG-scene stalwart Egg Embry’s Human… Almost.
- In time for Halloween, the Bundle of Holding is offering some DCC Horror and a flash sale on Monster of the Week.
Spotlight: Dapper Rabbit Games
RPG news from around the web
- Rebecca Rubin at Variety informs us that Joe Manganiello to Co-Direct ‘Dungeons & Dragons’ Documentary.
- Forbes’ Brett Knight asks Could Dungeons & Dragons Be The Next Harry Potter? Stranger Things Have Happened.
- In this video feature, Forbes looks Inside The Resurgence Of Dungeons & Dragons.
- Wizards of the Coast announced a new D&D computer game being made by the rebranded/relaunched Tuque, who’ll go by Invoke Studios.
- Snowbright Studio’s RPG about bringing back favourite dead characters tested out the new BackerKit crowdfunding platform, and ink successfully funded.
RPG reviews and interviews from around the web
- Rolling Boxcar reviews the Revolutionary campaign setting Nations and Cannons.
- Jason Bradley Thompson reviews Lost Pages’ The Book of Gaub.
- At EN World, Andrew Peregrine reviews Egg Embry’s Human… Almost.
- Also at EN World, Rob Wieland writes up thoughts on Tome of Heroes.
- OnTableTop look at another Osprey Games RPG and this time it’s Crescendo of Violence
- Signals from Delta Pavonis shares first impressions of CY_BORG.
- The Gaming Gang’s Sami Yuhas takes on a trip through the Inner Seas with a view of Pathfinder Lost Omens – Travel Guide.
- The Other Side reviews the Pathfinder Adventure Path The Snows of Summer.
- The impressively busy Reviews from R’lyeh reviews Shapes of Adventure: An Inspirisles Anthology, Loke BattleMat’s Big Book of Cyberpunk Battle Mats.
- At d20 Radio, Egg Embry interviews Cosy Coven’s Kuba Polkowski on the Touched by the Gods Roleplaying Game.
RPG new releases
- Martin Knight already has a silver bestseller with the Solo RPG of D100 Space.
- Free League’s The One Ring supplement written by Gareth Hanrahan, Francesco Nepitello et al Ruins of the Lost Realm is out.
- Scorned Echo has released their techo-magic Reverie.
- Side Quest Press has hit publish on the 5e PF2e combined Lost Lights Campaign Setting.
- Chamomile Has Adventures also has a triple feature with Chamomile’s Guide to Everything, Chamomile’s Guide for Gamemasters and Chamomile’s Guide for Players.
- Magpie Games with Elizabeth Chaipraditkul, Brendan Conway, James Hodes and Lysa Penrose are taking orders for the official Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game.
RPG bundle deals
- Save $51.37 (80%) with this DMsGuild’s Pinoy Big Bundle.
- Save $31.44 (93%) with Nightingale Publishing’s Lights Out bundle.
- Save $25.24 (50%) with Nightfall Games’ new purchase of SINS with the Starter bundle.
- Save $10.83 (66%) with the DMsGuild’s Deeper Realms: Halloween bundle.
- Save $2.25 (12%) with Parable Games’ Neraidaphobia – Fear Of Fairies SHIVER bundle.
RPG ideas, tips and discoveries
- Ben and the Genre Police look at Players and Positivity.
- DiceGeeks write up their suggestions for Best Superhero Tabletop RPGs.
- Liver Ludorum shares Trustlessness & Centralization in TTRPGs.
You can see those Kickstarters and other crowdfunding campaigns that caught Geek Native’s attention over at Kickstarter watch. Here are some industry projects worth a mention;
- Kids on Bikes: Second Edition from Hunters Books is working on “The kids are back… in this adventurous, pick-up-and-play, all ages role playing game.”
- Astral Maps – PNG, WEBP, VTT from August McDaniel suggests “A set of astral maps for your tabletop gaming pleasure!”
- Act 5 Chasm of the Accursed Tabletop Terrain by Mystic-Realm from Mystic.Realm is working on “3d Printable 28mm Fantasy Adventure Scenery for Miniature Wargame & RPG Gaming – River, Island, Shanty Homes, Bridge System & Mountains”
- D&D Map Set, Everwind castle from Nathaly Aupin is working on “Complete map set of Everwind Castle, its dungeons, the City of Everwind, and all the important buildings for any tabletop RPGs.”
- The Mad Lab, a steampunk monster D&D 5e Adventure from Matthew David kickstarts “The Mad Lab brings a mash-up of Frankenstein’s Monster and the Island of Doctor Moreau to your next Dungeons & Dragons adventure.”
- 5e: Tales of the Deepwood from Queek75 proposes “A collection of Dark Fantasy inspired one-shots for Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition.”
- Cthulhu & Lovecraft inspired Virtual Tabletop Battle-MAPS from J. Pingo Lindstrom crowdfunds “TEN (10) new Cthulhu/Lovecraft inspired Virtual Tabletop Battlemaps for any Horror Tabletop RPG game in 4K, 6K and 8K digital files.”
- Marshy Village a DnD 5e Short Dark Fantasy Adventure from Gobbo’s Hideout proposes “A Perfect Halloween Adventure for DnD5e for 3rd to 5th Level Pg.”
- Tome of Terrors – Horror Adventures For Fifth Edition DnD from Dominic M. raises funds for “A spooky sourcebook of pulpy Halloween oneshot adventures, new monster options, and magical items for 5E”
- The Residence from Anthony Qualkinbush proposes “A 5E Halloween Adventure, filled with Tricks & Treats. Only $1”
- KOLOR – Instant Customizable Metal Dice Set from SmokyCreation proposes “Snap together the colors of your choice and get rolling”
- Fighting Folk of the Haven Isles from Glynn Seal crowdfunds “An old school roleplaying supplement for warriors and fighting folk”
- Monstrous Dice Towers – STL files from Fredrik Rosado pitches “These Monstrous Dice towers will be a great set piece at your next TTRPG, Orc head, Zombie hand, Dragon Head, and many more”
- The Fettered Factory from DroidAvoid proposes “An Adventure for Character Levels 4-6”
- Through the Icy Wastes! A Halfling Expedition from Midlam Miniatures is working on “Nine Fantasy Miniatures in 28mm scale form a halfling expedition to the icy wastes!”
- Under the Harvest Moons: Horror Options for 5th Edition from Underground Oracle Publishing submits “A gorgeous softcover book filled with new lore, archetypes, creatures, and more to haunt your 5th edition worlds.”
- Reliquaries of Fortune – Matching dice vault and dice set from Magen Elizabeth Dean Bain introduces “Level up your TTRPG experience, with a curated collection of sharp edge dice, matched with a one-of-a-kind artisan resin dice box!”
- The Dread of Night from Joseph Fredrick Richardson is working on “A new, combat-oriented Powered by the Apocalypse system, written as a love letter to various Dark Fantasy titles.”
- Zine of Wondrous Power Issue 03 – Relaunched! from Daniel M. Perez crowdfunds “Issue 03 of Zine of Wondrous Power, a tabletop roleplaying games zine featuring game material and essays. Now improved!”
- The Fifth Edition Gamemaster’s Survival Guide from David Hamrick crowdfunds “Expert tactical guides for Fifth Edition from Dave “DMDave” Hamrick”
- Dungeon Starters: D&D Tools for Players and DMs from Joshua Cade kickstarts “Help new players make characters and Dungeon Masters stay organized and inspired with these custom illustrated PDFs.”
- Game Space: Lift, Pause & Organize your games from BG Fans suggests “Install Game Space on any surface and just play. Indoor & outdoor. Lift any game during the party. Magnetic borders with card slot”
- Twelve Trials of Til’Reath from Brian C kickstarts “A set of one-shots from 1st to 12th level to round out your campaign.”
- Castaway from Monomyth Games crowdfunds “Shipwreck survival horror RPG set on a tropical island full of danger and mystery.”
- Mystery of The White Trout from StoryCraft kickstarts “System agnostic adventure module for use in Tabletop Roleplaying Games suitable for both in-person as well as virtual games.”
- Cats of Rahtlü – DCC RPG module from James A. Pozenel, Jr. introduces “An investigative sandbox filled with HP Lovecraft and Clark Ashton Smith mythos mood and a fine sprinkling of Hüsker Dü.”
- Pay What You Want – Skull Bases STL from Amanda nominates “Bring your tabletop figures to life with these 10 hauntingly unique skull bases.
Bonus large skull dice tower included!”
- Torrents of the Spellhoarder from Elderbrain.com suggests “A high-level DnD 5e adventure and setting in the underwater kingdom of A’rvanshy and the dragon Isles of Xantharos.”
- The Crowned – TTRPG from Damon Vanhee introduces “A genre-blending, narrative-driven game where players step into the role of characters gifted the mantle of godhood.”
- Dysparea: A Shattered World from Andrew Eagle kickstarts “Dysparea: A Shattered World is a system-agnostic, surreal horror fantasy setting for tabletop RPGs and collaborative story-telling.”
- THREE CURSES FOR SISTER SAREN for 5th Edition from Levi Combs crowdfunds “A Weird Fantasy Sword & Sorcery Style Adventure Module for 5E”
- What Lies Beneath: Fantasy Roleplaying in a City of Secrets from Tab Creations LLC suggests “An urban campaign and city sourcebook for the Age of Ambition roleplaying game”
- Hunter’s Full Moon Trilogy (5e) from Midnight Tower is working on “A Book with Three Fantasy Adventures set in the Wild. 160 Pages Filled with Exciting Quests, Dangerous Beasts and Unique Lore (DnD/RPG)”
- Terrible Treasures & Frightful Fables For D&D 5E from Morrus kickstarts “Trinkets and adventures for your D&D 5E Halloween sessions!”
- Dungeon of the Wizard Lord Keraptis: A 5E D&D RPG Campaign from Tim Krause proposes “Heroic campaign set around White Plume Mountain and your attempt to defeat Wizard Lord Keraptis. Campaign for 4-6 players, levels 7+.”
- Repulsor Land Train from Multiverse offers “3D Printable Models for RPG and miniature wargaming”
- Blood & Justice: Nocturne by Night from Mobius Worlds Publishing nominates “A villains supplement for Blood and Justice, using the Prowlers and Paragon system.”
- Halloween RPG Bundle from The Oracle proposes “Attend the court of the Undead Empress: Visit Hell, the Shadowlands and even a Necropolis.”
- The Creators Guide to Epic Locations – Nature from Guy Sclanders is working on “Quick on the fly reference tables and step-by-step creation tips, tricks and guides for every type of natural location imaginable!”
- Dragon Book – Endless Reusable Tactical Character Notebook from Elena offers “A unique designer notebook for desktop role-playing games DnD 5E with laminated sheets. Complete with a non-permanent marker”
If there’s a source or news you think is worth monitoring, please get in touch or leave a comment below.