Friday! That means it’s time for a routinely itemised catchup summary of news from the RPG industry.
Raging Swan Press are in August’s RPG Publisher Spotlight. Here you’ll find a large collection of free and useful resources for GMs and DMs for numerous different rule systems.
Geek Native has another off for loyal and new Patrons. If you support the site before the end of the month, then a pair of these entirely original mini monster models will be yours.
Geek Native is on the lookout for other sources of RPG news. If you’re a publisher with a press email list, a blog, or social media presence then please wave a hand. If you’re a fan of a publisher and can make introductions or point at a good blog then it’ll great to hear from you too!
Find out what we’re talking about by checking out the summaries below or clicking to explore further into the site.
RPG news from Geek Native
- There are 1403 discounted Lovecraft, Cthulhu and mythos themed downloads in DriveThruRPG’s Lovecraft’s birthday sale.
- Amazon revealed Eberron: Rising from the Last War before Wizards of the Coast told us about it.
- What’s up with the cover, though? Different messages from WotC about the main Rising from the Last War book.
- This Patreon account has been caught organising a mass trade in pirated RPG and as this article goes live the suspension appears to have been removed.
- Oone Games’ Tabernacle of the Forsaken hits Fantasy Grounds.
- Free to Download: Kings of War RPG Quickstart introduces you to the forthcoming roleplaying game.
- An interview with Rob Wyatt who wants to change tabletop gaming with The Last Gameboard.
- Cubicle 7 is showing off a good looking cover for the revised Wrath & Glory RPG.
- Kiirro TV have found a GM for their erotic Critical Role rival stream.
- Lastly, in a PR boost to the hobby, Dominique Tipper of The Expanse has become a D&D fan and is arranging a cast and crew game.
RPG news from around the web
- Egg Embry at EN World has a collection of Free RPG Day 2019 reviews to share.
- Fantasy Flight Games have announced a new sourcebook and adventure for The Legend of the Five Rings.
- Paizo Publishing shared their August 2019 Starfinder releases.
- Paizo also wrote up the people of Age of Lost Omens.
RPG ideas, tips and discoveries
- RPG Publisher Spotlight: Raging Swan Press.
- A collection of 16 tips to help and improve narrating combat in fantasy RPGs.
- Jonathan of D&D Duet has ideas for scaling a D&D encounter that might catch your eye.
- Eldadres of Dungeon Solvers asks what level should you start your D&D 5e campaign at?
- Let the villain monologue argues Di over at Gnome Strew.
As is always the case, you can whiz through Geek Native’s write-ups of hand-picked crowdfunding campaigns in Kickstarter Watch.
- Dominique Senay has a way to make The Old Dungeon Entrance look great for your players.
- Are all your minis of heroes and villains? Evocatus Miniature’s Kickstarter will give you some of Goldfields: Medieval Village NPC options as well.
- Crown & Dragon is an RPG set in the Triple Realm and based on the novel “For the Crown and the Dragon” by Stephen Hunt.
- John Griffin is raising funds to bring The Realm of the Gateway to life.
- Dossier Decks: Merchants, Mages, and Goblins are system-neutral NPC creation cards from SkeletonKey Games.
- Stephens Woodworks’ Dice Spell Tracker made from exotic hardwoods is proving to be popular on Kickstarter.
- An illustrated Pathfinder 2e Necromancy spellbook from Phil Stone is up on Indiegogo.
- Charlie Reeder has a Magic Item Grimoire bundle (with dice) for 5e on Kickstarter.
- Mechs and Kaiju fight in a world of political intrigue in The Titans Trail from Kyle Cheney.
- The Temple of Misfortune is a D&D 5e adventure from William Murakami-Brundage.
- Indie publisher chance is successfully funding the sci-fi fantasy RPG Carbyne Jungle.
- Ultimate Tinkering for Pathfinder 2e brings his best-selling Tinker class to the second edition of the game.
- Dominic M has SideQuests 3 is a collection of one-shot adventures for 5e.
- Downtime and Demesnes from Courtney Campbell is a set of techniques and tips to motivate players in sandbox games.
What are your news highlights from the RPGscape this week?