It’s time for a look back at the week we’ve just made it through.
In Routinely Itemised we catch up with news about RPGs and reviews of them. We share interesting articles from around the web, crowdfunding projects and resources that you might find useful.
We don’t have a section for sales and price offers but because it caught the eye this week, let’s point out that 365 Games has a 10% tabletop games sale with nearly 700 products in it. That’s dominated by board games rather than tabletop RPGs, but there’s no harm in having a rummage.
If 100% off is more your style then you might like to know about this dice set going free to all patrons or this free introduction to the World of AEIOUS from RAdV Creatives.
In the meantime, on with the news! If there’s anything you think we should have covered, please let us know in the comments below. Or, if you want you can scan through previous Routinely Itemised: RPGs round ups.
RPG news from Geek Native
- Palladiums Books are giving away an abridged version of RIFTS: Bestiary volume 1.
- Trying to find The Fallout tabletop roleplaying game? It seems to be hiding.
- Stygian Fox Publishing has been caught out by Kickstarter killing their latest campaign.
- Two bits of Shadowrun 6e news. The first is the game is written to, in the future, allow players to design their own spells but initial reviews for Beginner Box aren’t great.
- There are new Vampire 5e books on the way and an organised play program.
- Fainting Goat Games talked to Geek Native about the forthcoming Deluxe Super Villain Handbook for FATE.
- Tale Spire teases us with how cyberpunk gun battles could look on their virtual tabletop.
- Metahumans Rising may have potential but didn’t score highly in this review.
RPG news from around the web
- A big article this week came from Bloomberg about the Rise of the Professional Dungeon Master, WotC worked with them on it and we discovered an estimated 40 million people play D&D.
- We enjoyed more Pathfinder 2e content from Paizo, this time about how the game plays.
- Cubicle 7 shared insight on how talents work in Warhammer.
- We got another teaser from Green Ronin about their forthcoming Modern AGE game Threefold.
- Aaron T Huss wrote up a review of the new Fallout RPG at his site Roleplayers Chronicle.
- Modiphius announced the release of more John Carter RPGs supplements including Player’s Guide, The Heroes of Helium Miniatures set, Character & Token and Landscape and Location Card Decks.
- Following from a Kickstarter launch, Chaosium reminded us of the links between RuneQuest and Chivalry & Sorcery.
- At RPG.net, Lloyd Brown shared advice on how to protect your game store from burglary.
- Goodman Games added four more zines to their store.
RPG ideas, tips and discoveries
- Martin Lloyd asked What makes an Amazing Adventure? He wrote Amazing Tales so knows a thing or two about this.
- Clave Jones of Nerds on Earth talked about the HASTE method and making combat more interesting.
- THAC0 RPG shared the Al’Numur class for Basic D&D.
- At Master the Dungeon, Jae shared tips for Creating Characters with Personality.
As is always the case, you can whiz through Geek Native’s write-ups of hand-picked crowdfunding campaigns in Kickstarter Watch.
- Stefan Pokorny and Satine Phoenix have their documentary Destination Fantastic on Kickstarter.
- L’gat’s Tome of Amazing Creatures Volume 3 is raising funds on Kickstarter.
- Ben Norris’ campaign setting Fight or Flight, all about flying races and D&D, is nearly at the halfway goal.
- These enamel pins look gorgeous and they’ve smashed their Kickstarter target.
- Eternalverse’s Randice random character generation dice is nearly funded.
- Thorn Wilson’s Off the Beaten Path, City Excursions for adventures has easily funded.
- The Kaldori Project is a sandbox setting for D&D 5e
- Folio #23: The Machine’s Madness is a high-level D&D 5e and for experienced players.
What are your news highlights from the RPGscape this week?