RPG news listed and delivered at bullet point speed. That’s how we celebrate Friday here! Welcome!
The RPG news summary of summaries is:
- Traveller turns 45.
- GAMA’s president steps down
- Wizards of the Coast celebrate Gary Gygax
- Pinnacle brings Sigil Entertainment into the family
It’s nearly August. Wow. That means Edinburgh is about to spring into life with a festival of festivals. Imagine a fantasy RPG setting where the DM wants to shake things up. That’s what is about to happen to my home town. I’ll try and keep my head above festival waters.
If I make it through the month, I might even treat myself to one of Geek Native’s new bucket hats.
Frantic running around between overlapping festivals is not your thing? What about the more measured response of a single daily email digest?
Now, let’s journey on through the Radiant Collection of RPG news;
RPG news from Geek Native
- The historic sci-fi RPG Traveller turned 45.
- Pinnacles partners, merges with or perhaps absorbs Sigil Entertainment.
- Chaosium will bring limited numbers but free and new previews of Pendragon 6e.
- The President of GAMA has stepped down.
- The Kickstarter indie darling from 9th Level Games Mazes is out.
- To mixed reviews, Renegade Games has released the 5th edition of Hunter: The Reckoning.
- For a restricted time and in limited numbers, Monte Cook Games are selling a 10th-anniversary special hardback called Ten Years of Adventure.
- At the Bundle of Holding, you can find a host of Legendary Epic Monsters for 5e. There are also 1,000 pages of megadungeon from Expeditious Retreat Press in the Halls of Arden Vul.
Spotlight: Long Shadows Press
RPG news from around the web
- Wizards of the Coast release their Gary Gygax tribute.
- Dicebreaker’s Michael Rancic writes up Rolling Together: Indie RPG creators joining forces to change the industry for good.
- ComicBook notes that Elden Ring Is Getting a Tabletop Roleplaying Game.
- Pazio announces PaizoCon South Pacific 2022.
- Outland Entertainment and Roll20 agree to bring the Kickstarting and Demon Lord-powered Vikingverse to the VTT.
- Polygon digs EN Publishing with Level Up 5th Edition adds extra complexity to 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons.
- The Indie Game Developer Network announced the nominees for the Indie Groundbreaker Awards.
Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel
Welcome to this second one-time (ahem!) only special section for a hot D&D new release. You can order Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel.
- Strange Assembly has a review.
- Meanwhile, Beth Rimmels shares a typically thorough in-depth look at the book.
- In one of many articles by ScreenRant, let’s look at their Radiant Citadel’s Adventures Best for High-Level Parties.
- Meanwhile, Bell of Lost Souls notes that D&D: ‘Journeys Beyond The Radiant Citadel’ Expands WotC’s Latest Adventure.
RPG reviews and interviews from around the web
- In an RPG-related review, Reviews from R’lyeh looks at Ben Riggs and the secret history of Dungeons & Dragons in Slaying the Dragon.
- R’lyeh’s Pookie also writes up Kriegsmesser and the Call of Cthulhu Shadows of Yog-Sothoth. Hungry for more? Reviews from R’lyeth also looked at Eat the Rich
- At RPG.net, C31R07 review the Battlelord of the 23rd Century Warmongers Guide: Boot Camp.
- The Gaming Gang’s Samantha Lightheart offers up Not Just Any Old Zombie RPG: Savage Worlds Dead End Reviewed.
- Jared Rascher writes up Pandora: Total Destruction.
- Being thorough, The Alexandrian wrote up part 3 of the Call of the Netherdeep review.
- At EN World, Egg Embry runs Monstrous Personas for 5th Edition Roleplaying: An Interview With Miguel Colon (Spoony Minstrel Games).
RPG new releases
- Blackoath Entertainment publishes their 85-page OSR game of betrayal. It’s the Incense and Iron RPG Sacrifice.
- Araukana Media release an expansion for their clever memory sci-fi game Nibiru. It’s Xanadu.
- Modiphius released Nathan Dowdell and Bradford Elliot’s Dishonored Gamemaster Toolkit.
- Fantasy Heartbreaker has published their system light prequel to Bright & Terrible with Wicked & Graceful.
- Keyboards Optional Games give us the Operation Espionage: A Game of Spies The Revised Edition — Agent Handbook.
- Hammerhead Games are offering DTRPG’s softcover or hardcover options only for Outward Realms Core Rulebook.
RPG bundle deals
- Save $7.03 (31%) with the DMsGuild’s Little Bag of Sand PDF & Fantasy Grounds bundle.
- Save $4.39 (54%) with the DMsGuild’s Serious Wizness Year 1 Celebration bundle.
- Save $0.74 (10%) on this Made in Ukraine DMsGuild Ravenloft: Carnival of Lost Souls bundle.
RPG ideas, tips and discoveries
- Uncommon Goods, a store with, yeah, uncommon goods is stocking these gorgeous etched drink coasters and dice trays.
- GameRant’s Stan Hogeweg opines Dungeons & Dragons’ Background Changes are a Good Sign for 6th Edition.
- At Kobold Press, Jason Campbell helpfully shares Introducing Players to Roleplaying Games: Making New GMs.
- CBR and Brooke Thomas do D&D: 10 Coolest Dragons From Fizban’s Treasury, Ranked.
You can see those Kickstarters and other crowdfunding campaigns that caught GeekNative’ss attention over at Kickstarter watch. Here are some industry projects worth a mention;
- There’s a new line of RPG Dice by Critit – Spirit of the Dark.
- Sword Compass Creations offers up subterranean monsters, villains and PC options in Deep & Dangerous 5e.
- Lab No.9 has their first Kickstarter with these Large sized dice with design of wave.
- Tab Creations return with a post-apocalyptic heist for Tainted Gold for the Age of Ambition RPG.
- Philip Jensen wonders whether you can escape from a nightmare prison. It’s Trapped Within – a Mörk Borg zine.
- Theorycraft has a duo pack of hardback books for 5e D&D – Adventure Journal, Character Sheets & Planners
- Andrew May has a set of 9 heroic scale Black Crab 5: Necropolis Mercenaries.
- Neil billings is offering STL designs for supported Elemental Wizards.
- Ola Andersson is funding 3d magnetic Nirmala modular Boats & Barges.
- Bless3D Design is funding a shiny new set of Model Bases Vol.3 (STL).
- 3DHexes has shattered funding goals with Riddle: Tesla Town – Amazing 3D Printable Scenery.
- NCR Studio is funding the first six-part TIMELOCK: Sci Fi Fantasy Worldbuilding Supplement & STL File.
- MeepleForge can help you print your own RPG Advent Village.
- Kris McDermott is funding a sentient twin-planet where magic is forbidden and war rages. GEAS: Broken Gods – A New RPG adventure series for 5e.
- S.K.Dinning has ten adventures in the One-Hour RPG : The City Watch (A #ZineQuest Project for 5e).
- John Lemay is inspired by the National Parks and is offering battle maps in Joshua Tree: A 5E Park.
- Declan Gray is funding battle maps of bridges, temples, fey forests and other locations in Digital Map Bundle One.
- Voliric Games returns to Kickstarter with fully detailed and digital The 5E RPG maps – Pay what you want!
- O Christmas Geek lives up to their name with a project for glass gaming ornaments in Dice The Halls!
- DreaMers and Players launch on Kickstarter with 🎭 Roles & Rolls 🎲: Giant Expansion Books for DnD 5E.
- Thomas Sweo has a pastoral setting with a touch of DCC in The Ashmore Herald Vol. 1.
- Craig Pyles has handmade leather goods designed with gamers in mind in a project called Hide and Sneak.
- Joe Nittoly is an illustrator and graphic designer with six feline card stock Catfolk 30mm 2D Fantasy Gaming Miniatures.
- Monica Keerthipati offers STIL files for Land of Fairies Vol.2 – Pay What You Want.
- Aein Cub is funding a monthly alternative 5e and TTRPG zine called Ritual Cuts #1.
- Tabletop Journeys offers twelve legendary subclasses for 5e in A Multiverse of Subclasses.
If there’s a source or news you think is worth monitoring, please get in touch or leave a comment below.