Welcome to the end of the week! Here’s your RPG news, and let’s not ask questions about who’s terribly behind schedule.
Instead, let’s do the RPG news super-summary and reduce this week’s bullet-point headlines to fewer bullets. This week;
- More investors demanded changes at Hasbro.
- Green Ronin announced queer fantasy Twilight Accord.
- Ironsworn: Starforged was published.
- XTR announced a D&D documentary.
Did you know there’s a Chat Portal on Geek Native? It’s where you go if you want to find the latest comments on the blog.
Yeah, sure, sometimes they’re people talking about competitions, but at least that’s a good way to see what competitions there are running.
Now, safely steering us through Friday the 13th, let’s get on with the RPG news round-up!
RPG news from Geek Native
- Green Ronin announced the queer fantasy Twilight Accord.
- Paizo and Wanderword teamed up for Pathfinder Shardfall.
- Alea Publishing has shared an exclusive preview of the Iconic Adventuring System.
- Alan Tucker and the Indie Games Cooperative have a free to download sampler for Incredible Items.
- Netherborn is offering a free to download quickstart of the Anyworld Tabletop Roleplaying System.
- Also, Black Forge has a free Deck of Fates version.
- The Bundle of Holding has a deal on The Hero’s Journey from James M. Spahn, and Jenna Moran’s Nobilis and Chuubo.
- Itch is hosting a bundle for Lunar Echos with The Sustainable Gaming Forum.
- On DriveThruRPG there’s a large and karmic bundle of RPGs for Reproductive Justice.
Spotlight: Sixel Publishing
RPG news from around the web
- The Wrap notes ‘Dungeons and Dragons’ Documentary Brewing at XTR.
- BizJournals covered that Boston Capital joins call to shake up Hasbro’s board.
- Edge confirmed May 27th for Midnight: Legacy of Darkness.
- Alex Meehan covers Ghost reconciliation is the focus of this RPG supporting suicide prevention.
- Wargamer notes D&D Beyond will remove two full DnD books on May 17.
RPG reviews and interviews from around the web
- The Other Side reviewed Traveller Alien Modules (1984 – 1987), Part 1 and Part 2. Also, Traveller Starter Edition (1983).
- Improved Initiative writes up GG Games’ Dark Horizons: A Post-Apocalyptic 1d10 Gaming Review.
- Reviews from R’lyeh went to the 13th Age sourcebook Book of the Underworld and Zozer Games’ sci-fi Hostile.
- Seed of Worlds wrote up a review of Fateforge Encylopedia.
- ScreenRant’s Austin King helmed Blade Runner RPG Interview: Tomas Härenstam.
RPG new releases
- Shawn Tomkin published Ironsworn: Starforged
- The Melsonian Arts Council released the next official Troika! with Academies of the Arcane.
- Wyldrvir published World of Wyldrvir Deep Seas and Scallywags.
- Adrian Lumm published souls of lords and Apotheosis: The Dark Lord.
- Green Ronin Publishing hit release on The Expanse: Secrets of Lemuria.
RPG bundle deals
- Save $13.50 (35%) with Anvil 8 Games’ Aetherium RPG bundle.
- Save $9.94 (40%) with the DMsGuild’s Volo’s Vetted Vendor’s PDF FG bundle.
- Save $5.89 (28%) with DeepDark Design’s Instant Adventures: Caves & Caverns bundle.
- Save $5.62 (30%) with OneDMtoAnother’s The Full Colour bundle.
RPG ideas, tips and discoveries
- Ben and the Genre Police talk baddies with The Many Faces of Evil.
- Roll your dice in this castle tower.
- Also on Etsy, these dice are the gift of Ghostface.
- Not on Etsy, the official D&D Lich jigsaw.
- Roll20 offered up 5 API Scripts to Power Up Your Roll20 Games.
- Scott Baird opined D&D: Why The Dark Sun Setting Doesn’t Fit In The Multiverse.
- Coleman Gailloreto added How To Playtest Your Own Tabletop RPG Designs.
- World Anvil wrote up How to Deign a D&D One Shot With Amanda Hamon.
- Laptop Mag’s Rami Tabari asked I’ve never played a TTRPG — How do I start? Tabletop tips from an anxious GM.
You can see those Kickstarters and other crowdfunding campaigns that caught Geek Native’s attention over at Kickstarter watch. Here are some industry projects worth a mention;
- dndWizards have hand-painted and sharp-edged Calamity of the seas and dice. Handmade Kraken in dice.
- Taiga Miniatures is offering pre-supported STL files for LIVIS biostation: miniatures and terrain.
- Diego Pisa Artworks is back on Kickstarter with a 5e and other fantasy RPG Dungeon Boss.
- Over $100,000 pledged for the Game Toppers 3.5 – Upgrading Every Game You play.
- Guillermo Buenfil has ready to play mini-adventures for 5e in Micro Dungeons III and Cosmic Horror for D&D.
- PJ Coffey has funded a systematic and point-based supplement for 5e called Homebrew and Hacking: Crafting Personalised Feats.
- Andy Nemeth suggests you writhe through a flesh-alchemists slaughterhouse with Reclaim Your Corpse: A meat-punk MÖRK BORG adventure.
- Zak Barouh has a tabletop game about kids and their monster friends in Animon Story TTRPG.
- Limitless Adventures has funded a hiden mountain for any campaign world with with Ylera Valley (5e fantasy/eldritch horror setting).
- FantasyDesigns have funded 3d printable STL files for Fantasy Mansion 2.
- Jorge Fernandez Sanz has physical minis for your favourite RPGs and perhaps some wargames too with 💀 Hunting Packs of Dogs miniatures 🐶
- Bless3D Design funded in minutes with Model Bases Vol.2 (STL).
- Carthage Must Be Destroyed with these engraved D6 Fleur-de-lys Tabletop Game Dice
- Squill ‘n’ Ink has a D&D adventure in which the characters must get Through the Briar Crown.
- 8 beautiful Gemstone Dice Sets by Oracle.
- 3D Magic Enviorment designed 28mm 3D-printed Steampunk architecture, interior and cars
- Orphaned Bookwork Productions has a new class and content for PF1 and 5e with The Spelljack: An old favorite reimagined.
- One-Eyed Werebear Gaming has a 5e compendium of adventures, subclasses and more in Tome of Tombs.
- Trinity Know Studio and The Grinning Frog have additional content for GMs Toolkit Volume III
- Doc’s Playing Cards are offering up Oceans Curse Game Chips.
- Koval Liumila has a collectable set for diorama, tabletop terrain in the 28 to 32mm scale. Watch tower! 3d printable set of stl files for tabletop
- Abenquest has live adventures in the Onion Realm in Donions and Dragons: Print and Play Family Role Playing Game
- The Laidback DM is back and it’s 7 one-shot adventures in SHOTGLASS ADVENTURES: KAL-ZAR’S BANE 4 – BANE’S REQUIEM
- Round-ball endpoint Tabletop Games with Metal Gear Dice
If there’s a source or news you think is worth monitoring, please get in touch or leave a comment below.