Did you know Geek Native occasionally gives out freebies to Patreon backers?
A copy of the silver bestselling FIST: Freelance Infantry Strike Team RPG is earmarked for site backers and anyone who becomes a Patron before the 25th.
The good news is that these gifts are downloads, as game designer B. Everett Dutton has kindly provided some codes. There won’t be any COVID-19 lockdown vs a trip to Post Office delays which have impacted last month’s anime pin badges.
In RPG news this week, we’ve had plenty of new releases including the much-awaited re-released of the Warhammer 40K RPG Wrath & Glory. The generous offers of free to download or free to use offers continue to come in from the publisher community.
Right, that’s the introduction, and now it’s time to enter bullet-point RPG news speed and list the Routinely Itemised.
RPG news from Geek Native
- Every book in the deadly but stunning post-apocalyptic Degenesis RPG is now free to download.
- Wizards of the Coast published a replacement set of playtest Psionic rules.
- Meanwhile, for Roll20, Fantasy Grounds and D&D Beyond The Sunless Citadel is free for now.
- Eberron creator Keith Baker gave us a better idea of what’s in his “unofficial” Exploring Eberron guide.
- The creator of The Forgotten Realms has a new and official D&D book out.
- The 4th edition of Ars Magica is free to download if you sign-up to Atlas’ mailing list.
- D&D’s Saltmarsh Encounters is free to download.
- The Bundle of Holding has two different Traveller RPG deals.
- Savage Worlds expands into virtual tabletops Astral and Roll20.
- Pelgrane Press has finally managed to publish The Yellow King.
- Cartography software Worldographer has added a fog of war feature.
- Green Ronin has released the Mutants & Masterminds supplement Time Traveler’s Codex.
- Paizo Publishing’s audio RPG Scoundrels in the Spike, the Starfinder game on Alexa has expanded.
- Onyx Path and Eschaton Media published Dystopia Rising: Evolution based on their live series.
- Cubicle 7 gave us a preview of the layout of the forthcoming Warhammer Soulbound RPG.
- Wrath & Glory (revised) was released by C7 to DriveThruRPG as well.
- Strangewood Studios released the core rules for the alternative fantasy RPG Agents of Concordia.
- IsolaCon, a charity relief fundraiser, runs this weekend.
RPG news from around the web
- Paizo’s Pathfinder Society has launched the Battle of the Pantheons competition.
- Green Ronin’s published a candid COVID-19 impact report.
- Geek Tyrant and many other sites covered Miguel Zavala’s free 3d printer files for 2,000 D&D models.
- Pelgrane Press expand its community content program to include The Esoterrorists, Fear Itself and TimeWatch as well as Ashen Stars.
- Pelgrane have also released a few one-shot adventures for free while asking fans to donate to Doctors Without Borders.
- Over at the Bell of Lost Souls, Z. R. Zambrano explains why they think Wizards of the Coast will be announcing Spelljammer for November.
- Zambrano also wrote up Gerard Way and My Chemical Romance playing D&D.
- Reviews from R’lyeth looks at Delta Green Hourglass.
- JP Chapleau previewed their forthcoming Akhamet Player’s Guide.
- Aaron T. Huss reviewed the Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount.
- RPG.net reviewed Wyrd Ways of Walstock.
- The OP shared Pat Marino’s views on Designing Quests of Yore: Barley’s Edition.
- Kobold Press shared some Midgard GM Screen Wallpapers
- Roll20 has enhanced Compendium Searching.
RPG ideas, tips and discoveries
- Cyanomys’ Guide To Playing RPGs Online is a full and impressive document; well worth a look.
- This random dungeon generator produces files for virtual tabletops, and you can buy print and paste designs for cardboard creations too.
- Egg Embry interviews Black Dahlia Murder about D&D.
- At Radio20, Embry also interviews Christina Stiles about Rogue Mage.
- Tabletop Gaming News report on Modiphius’ Conan the Scout RPG supplement.
- Doug Vehovec and Nerdarchy dig into Making an Elaborate Character Backstory Work for Your D&D Campaign.
- Since The Yellow King RPG is finally free from its curse, Pelgrane Press put together this video on Getting Started with Horror Roleplaying.
- Over at Sly Flourish, Mike Shea opined that Seven Samurai, the Perfect D&D Adventure.
- Abram Towle of Nerds on Earth shared Negotiator, Brand Loyalist, And Producer: Ideas For The Starfinder Corporate Agent And Cult Hunter Theme.
You can see those Kickstarters and other crowdfunding campaigns that caught Geek Native’s attention over at Kickstarter watch. Here are some industry projects worth a mention;
- Master Monk is offering this Oracle Dice Box.
- Kevin Paul Tracy has a new roleplaying game system called Advanced Fantasy Roleplaying.
- Fellowship Games has three more undead teams for fantasy football with Vampires, Egyptians and Necromancers.
- Gallant Knight Games is kickstarting a slice of fantasy RPG life with Tiny Taverns.
- Johan Nohr’s already expanding Mork Borg with Mork Borg Cult: Feretory.
- Toby Lancaster has a solo game of war and strongholds with Dark Force Incursion Expansions.
- Jamie Stephens lets you play as a Mafia Capo or a rogue Capo in Mafia Capo the TTRPG.
- Dice Dungeons are offering adventure hooks in the form of notes with Quest Decks.
- C. Aaron Kreader has two booklets; 101 city encounters for DCC and a “pub-crawl” adventure for small heroes. It’s A Strange Night at the Pint n’ Pony.
- Fabled Adventurers Extraordinaire Games is Kickstarting an illustrated adventure called The Corruption of Cavestar.
- Wyrmkeep Entertainment is looking for pledges for a 5e module called The Forbidden Isle.
- Christopher Brown has turned to Kickstarter for a 5th edition supplement called Kovaud’s Adventurer’s Guide.
- Nicholas Robinson is crowdfunding a 100+ original campaign setting inspired by Celtic and Brythonic myth called The Twilight Dream: A 5th Edition Setting.
Gamerati News Update
Marcelo Ferrari of Gamerati digs into all the free games available, looks into Conan and the forthcoming reprint of Ginkgopolis.
If there’s a source or news you think is worth monitoring, please get in touch or leave a comment below.