Unearthed Arcana: Giant Options is a new and official D&D playtest that focuses on giants.
The Mighty Impel ability from the Path of the Giant lets you use a bonus action to throw a Medium or smaller creature up to 30 feet.
Inside the free PDF from Wizards of the Coast, there is;
- Path of the Giant (Barbarian subclass)
- Circle of the Primeval (Druid subclass)
- Runecrafter (Wizard subclass)
- Feats (9 new feats, elemental, giant, and rune themed)
If we break those into abilities, we have got the following
Path of the Giant
The Path of the Giant subclass has four abilities, level-based as usual. They are;
- 3rd–Giant Power, Giant’s Havoc
- 6th–Elemental Cleaver
- 10th–Mighty Impel
- 14th–Demiurgic Colossus
Circle of the Primeval
This Druid subclass is a little less giant-centric than the others but it looks like this;
- 2nd–Keeper of Old, Primeval Companion
- 6th–Prehistoric Conduit
- 10th–Titanic Bond
- 14th–Scourge of the Ancients
This playtest is from Jeremy Crawford, who described the Runecrafter as “the sibling of the Rune Knight”. It has;
- 2nd level–Runes of Understanding, Runic Empowerment
- 6th–Sigils of Warding
- 10th–Rune Maven
- 14th–Engraved Enmity
In addition to the subclasses, there are also new feats and, as you’d expect, are on a giant theme.
- Elemental Touched
- Ember of the Fire Giant
- Fury of the Frost Giant
- Guile of the Cloud Giant
- Keenness of the Stone Giant
- Outsized Might
- Rune Carver Apprentice
- Rune Carver Adept
- Soul of the Storm Giant
- Vigor of the Hill Giant
Creative Commons credit: The Giant Witch by Dumaker.
- Unearthed Arcana: Giant Options.
Check the comments below to see what readers have to say.