DriveThruRPG’s Christmas in July sale is on. I think it’s the site’s biggest in the year.
There are well over 58,000 RPGs and supplements with up to 25% off but only until the end of the month. It’s a feeding frenzy of RPG buying.
I also think the top 10 selling RPGs are especially interesting right now. As noted in Friday’s Routinely Itemised: RPGs there are two supplements on cultures and ancestries as alternatives to races in D&D in the top five. Surely, Wizards of the Coast and their product viability teams will have noticed.
There’s also no shortage of sci-fi with MechWarrior, Warhammer 40K, Alien and Cyberpunk.
In fact, Cyberpunk 126.96.36.199. which originally came out in 1991, is currently one of the best-selling RPGs of 2020.
Here’s the list (as it stands now)!
- Ancestry & Culture: An Alternative to Race in 5e by Arcanist Press
- Warhammer Age of Sigmar Soulbound Rulebook by Cubicle 7
- Jim Henson’s Labyrinth: The Adventure Game by River Horse Games
- MechWarrior: Destiny by Catalyst Game Labs
- Custom Ancestries & Cultures by Arcanist Press
- Wrath & Glory: Core Rules by Cubicle 7
- Shadowrun: Firing Squad (Core Combat Rulebook) by Catalyst Game Labs
- ALIEN RPG Core Rulebook by Free League Publishing
- Heroic Maps – Giant Maps: The Ruins of Greystone Castle by Heroic Maps
- Cyberpunk 188.8.131.52. The Second Edition, Version 2.01 by R. Talsorian Games
You can check out the latest “hottest” and check out the rest of the sale at the main page, but only until the end of the month.
Creative Commons credit: Ghibli Merry Christmas by The Fog Ryu.
Your thoughts? Join the banter below or start us off with an insightful observation?