Doug Levandowski and Jonathan Gilmour created the Stranger Things vibe tabletop RPG Kids on Bikes, and now Doug is Kickstarting a 5e project.
Calls To Action: Extraordinary Party Backgrounds for 5e is a modest campaign, asking for just $100 to fund, offering only a PDF. It’s successful, still has about 10 days on the click, and will make it easier for characters to get hooked into the plot. You can join in or see progress on the pitch page.
There are a bunch of freebies you can look at already. There are two backgrounds and one set of notes;
Those are Google Drive links but do open straight into the document.
Each background has;
- 4 questions to add meat to the background, and these can be answered by the player or rolled up,
- 3 questions about how the character interact with their background still
- 10 bonuses that can be used in conjunction with the backgrounds
- 4 skills tied to the backgrounds
- 10 questions to establish a connection between the characters
- 5 questions for DMs to help add secret details to the backgrounds
- 8 story hooks
You can support the almost-under-the-radar project for as little cash as you want or by social shares.
However, there are two simple reward tiers if you can spare a bit more cash. $5 is enough to get a PDF copy of 12 Party Backgrounds to use in 5e, and that comes with some stretch goals as they get unlocked.
At US$8, there are those Party Backgrounds and 8 Raised by… backgrounds as well, with the complete set of stretch goals.
The project is slated for a September delivery.
Let us know what you think in the comment section below.