David Garrett’s Heroic Tales Core Rules is a new RPG with a Pay What You Want price tag at DriveThruRPG. Garrett’s set the recommended price to $0.
Suitable for ages three and up, the game is a genre-neutral and rules-lite system that focuses on heroic problem-solving.
- Narrative — Heroic Tales focuses on the story’s flow more than the tactical decisions of the characters. Its mechanics are designed to interrupt the narrative as little as possible.
- Rules-light — the basic mechanics are simple and straight-forward. It’s easy to learn and well suited to beginning players, kids, and people who just want less crunch in their system.
- Team-based — other systems are primarily geared toward individual character actions. Heroic Tales is explicitly team-based, and the group will succeed or fail as a team.
- Scene-level — most other systems resolve conflict at the level of a task, or individual action. Heroic Tales resolves challenges at the level of a scene, collecting the actions of multiple characters into a single roll.
- Dice pool — players roll a set of six-sided dice (d6) in order to determine the results of their choices.
Take part in the community by leaving an interesting comment below.