Through the Veil: Tales of the Feywild is an adventure supplement now available at the DM’s Guild.
The Feywild is a plane of high magic that exists near the material plane in D&D. As the name suggests, the plane is the home to the capricious and curious Fey. Players may find themselves there by accident, stepping into a fairy ring of toadstools or swimming in a lake with a portal opened up from dew dripping off of a fey flower.
Through the Veil: Tales of the Feywild showcases 10 epic D&D 5e adventures, covering the spectrum of tiers 1 to 4. Led by DNDElise, 40 different creators contributed to the book, and it is expected to be the first in a series.
Geek Native caught up with Elise at the Con of Champions and was able to arrange a sneak peek at some of the supplement’s fey-themed adventures.
Eyes of Stone by Eleanor Hingley
In Eyes of Stone, the player characters must navigate a constantly-shifting Feywild maze to reunite two lovers who have been placed under a terrible curse. If the heroes can pass the Fey Queen Mabilly’s tests and reach the centre of the maze, she will free Tamlin and his beloved from the curse – but in the distance, the baying of the Wild Hunt’s hounds draws closer, and they demand Tamlin’s sacrifice before the night is done.
Through the Veil helps GMs bring the magic of the Feywild to their campaigns by:
- Giving much-loved folktales and stories an inventive spin
- Providing a host of weird and wonderful encounters, creatures and NPCs that can be adapted for campaigns
- Introducing flavourful scenarios that push the characters to approach encounters creatively and explore the Feywild environment
Frost Prince in Summer by Elise Cretel
A frantic eladrin prince breathlessly stands outside of the Summer Court castle. His face is splattered with the blood, and he says he needs to save the royal family. The party loses track of the prince and finds themselves in a monster-infested castle filled with encounters that defy physics. The party must find the prince and discover what is causing the strange phenomena in the Summer Court castle.
- DMs can add this adventure to their existing Feywild campaign or open up a portal to the Feywild by:
- Searching for a hidden portal in fey ruins in the forest.
- Having a spell or ritual to open up a portal under a full moon.
- Convincing or trading with a fey creature to open a path to the plane of the fairy.
Lallwyn’s Lament by Ciaron O’Halloran
The folk-song Lallwyn’s Lament is a memory of terrible tragedy. The tragedy has been given physical expression through the feywild, and it’s misery is festering. Join the heroes in this adventure for tier 1 adventure, relive the fate of Lallwyn, and bring the suffering to an end.
Through the Veil explores the feywild – the mirror-plane that is not governed by natural law, but the throbs of emotion. In Lallwyn’s Lament the wail of grief has created a pocket-realm where the misery sustains itself.
- In this Feywild adventure:
- The lyrics of the song sing the narrative of the adventure
- The experience of loss shapes the character’s experience
- An ancient tragedy can be addressed
Through the Veil: Tales of the Feywild is now available from the DM’s Guild.
Start a comment conversation in the secton below.