Ulisses North America are just back from San Diego Comic Con and have come out swinging for their big new RPG; Wrath & Glory.
Wrath & Glory is the dark roleplaying game set in the far future of the Warhammer world. The Human Empire battles to survive the rise of Chaos.
To date, Ulisses has been teasing gamers with little slices of the game, and we’ve picked up a few more in the post-SDCC and pre-Gen-Con window. Let’s take a look!
Wrath & Glory: Character Creation Summary
We’ve a key summary slice of the chargen. There are eight steps.
- Create a Concept to fit the Framework
- Select a Species
- Select an Archetype
- Purchase Attributes
- Purchase Skills
- Purchase Talents
- Select Wargear
- Choose Special Abilities and Background
I’ve been trying to think what’s been confirmed or implied before. The ‘Select a Species’ step confirms you will be able to play more than just humans from the core rules.
Wrath & Glory: The Core Mechanic
Wrath & Glory uses a pool of d6 dice to resolve tests and other random factors. When your character wants to try and accomplish something, you roll a number of d6 to determine the outcome. This is called a test.
Follow these steps to perform any action in Wrath & Glory:
- Determine Dice Pool: Determine which skill and attribute should be used for the task. This provides the basic number of dice used in the dice pool. One dice in the pool is always converted into a Wrath Dice.
- Add Bonus Dice: Apply any modifiers to the dice pool from items, talents, or any other source of modification that affects the test.
- Determine Difficulty Number: Discuss with the Game Master what the DN for the test will be. Include any penalties that may be relevant to the test based on circumstances.
- Roll Dice: Roll your dice. Any dice resulting in a  or a  count as one icon; a representation of success. A dice that results in a  is called an exalted icon, and counts as two icons. Count your total icons; if the number of Icons equals or beats the DN, then the attempt is successful. If the number of Icons is below the Difficulty Number, then the attempt has failed in some way determined by the Game Master.
Wrath & Glory: Chain Choppa
A crude approximation of the Imperial chain axe, chain choppas eat through armour and bone and reduce vehicles to smoking wreckage.
Chain choppa (5+1ED; AP 0; Brutal, Waaagh!)
Value: 5 (Very Rare)
Keywords: Chain, Ork
Wrath & Glory: Ork Boy Character Template
Build Point Cost: 60
Attribute: Strength 4, Toughness 3
Skill: Intimidation (2)
Influence Bonus:: +1
Boyz: A Nob commands a mob of Troops numbering up to Rank x 3 Boyz who loyally follow his direction. These Ork Boyz use the profile found on page 150.
Wargear: ‘Eavy Armour, kustom slugga and kustom choppa.
Wrath & Glory pre-order
Look good? You can still pre-order from Ulisses North America at the time of posting.