Virtuacon offers the best 3 days in virtual gaming. It’s coordinated via RPG Geek but run via the Virtuacon Google+ community. Games take place in Google Hangouts while programs like DiceStream and Roll20.
If you’re not sure how that works then this video is recorded from actual gameplay from last year. Jacob Wood running a Psi-punk game via Google Hangouts in a psi-punk game.
Player signups begin on September 20th. You’ll need a Google+ account. If you’re new to G+ I’d recommend creating an account and saying hello on the Roleplaying Games community first. If you really want to play a certain game then express interest on the Player Wishlist.
Tempted to GM? Sign up here.
Here’s the timeline
- 25-Mar … Call for Volunteer Staff
- 15-July … Call for Game Masters (GMs)
- 15-Aug … Call for Panelists, Contest Creators
- 01-Sep … Early PR Push Underway
- 15-Sep … Game List Finalized (final GM submissions)
- 15-Sep … Panels, Contests Finalized
- 15-Sep … Heavy PR push
- 20-Sep … Call for Players
- 05-Oct … Fill-the-Games, Final PR Push
- 10 Oct … Virtuacon ’14 Begins!
- 12 Oct … Virtuacon ’14 Ends!
There are prizes for GMs.
Sponsors this year include Engine Publishing, Evil Hat Productions, Ginger Goat, Modiphius Entertainment, Roll20, Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Fabled Environments, Accessible Games, Third Eye Games, eXtra-Dimensional Publishing, ZERO/Barrier Productions, Purple Sorcerer Games, Monte Cook Games, Legendary Games, Hazard Studio and Storium.