You can now spend $30 to download a scanned copy of The Complete Starter Set: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Game 2E from DriveThruRPG after Wizards of the Coast made it available today.
DTRPG’s records note that the file was updated in July 2019, but the “added to catalog” date is today, and the title appeared in today’s new releases.
Wizard has had to put a disclaimer on the PDF to point out that dice and plastic figures are not included with the download.
Thankfully, an early purchaser, Rachael S, has documented what is included. Rachael says;
Box cover is 20.27″ x 12.21″ full color
PDF is 257 pages
– Box cover is 20.27″ x 12.21″ full color
– Player’s handbook Pg 2-35(34), black cover, interior full color & searchable
– Dungeon Master Guide Pg 36-101(66), black cover, interior full color & searchable
– Monstrous Manual Pg 102-135(34), black cover, interior full color & searchable
– Book of Lairs Pg 136-233(98), Forgotten Realms format B&W interior pages,
– Dungeon Master Screen Pg 234-237(4), cover is 12.16″ x 5.33″ while the three inside panels are 8.28″ 10.65″ in size.
– Cards Pg 238-253(16) are 4.95″ x 6.87″
– Where Do I Go From Here Pg 254(1)
– Maps Pg 255-256(2) are 15.40″ x 22.96″
– Box Back Cover is 20.28″ x 12.21″
The scans are searchable, but we’re told there’s size variation between the pages, which might be why a Print on Demand option isn’t available.
The official blurb says the Player’s Handbook outlines the basic and expanded rules with magic spells. The Dungeon Master Guide add info and three adventures, while the Monstrous Manual offers up monsters and treasure.
There’s a full-colour dungeon map and The Book of Lairs.
Take part in the Geek Native community by sharing a friendly comment below.