Due out in April 2021, Shaman King is a remake of a popular 2001 series.
In the anime, Shamans have the power to communicate with gods, spirits and the dead. Every 500 years a contest is held to determine the Shaman King, who can contact the Great Spirit and this year, one of the contestants is looking to use that power to remake the world without humanity.
The Japanese teaser shows an encounter between the hero Yoh Asakura and Manta Oyamada. It also manages to squeeze in all six voices of the main characters.
The voice actor Megumi Hayashibara, one of many returning for the remake, will perform the reboot’s opening and ending themes.
- Inuko Inuyama who is returning to voice Manta Odayama
- Yoko Hikasa as Yoh Asakura
- Megumi Hayashibara who is returning to voice Anna Kyoyama
- Romi Park who is returning to voice Tao Ren
- Masahiko Tanaka who is returning to voice Ryunosuke Umemiya
- Katsuyuki Konishi who is returning to voice Amidamaru
- Kousuke Takaguchi is taking over voicing Bason (previously voiced by Shinpachi Tsuji)
Replying to other comments to this article with helpful observations can boost your karma.