Elder Evils is an official D&D 3.5 supplement from Robert J. Schwalb.
Schwalb’s Occult Philosophy, published in 2019, was one of the best-selling horror RPGs of the year. With that in mind, you might imagine that Elder Evils had a certain tone to it.
The good news is that you don’t have to imagine. There’s a free to download 5e conversion of Elder Evils available on GM Binder.
Converted by Redditor Badooga, the document is 73-pages long and thanks to GM Binder’s styling it looks like a D&D book.
Elder Evils isn’t an adventure as such, although its chapters contain many adventure-like elements such as maps and stats. Instead, the nine evils presented here are so vast, so dramatic and so powerful they can end or change a campaign world forever.
The elder evils in D&D
Here’s a quick summary of the elder evils.
- Atropus – an undead orb the size of a moon that wants, and can, end the multiverse.
- Father Llymic – an alien trapped in ice and with a mental influence that corrupts the world.
- The Hulks of Zoretha – five monoliths that will spearhead a dimensional invasion.
- The Leviathan – a chaotic beast that encircles the world.
- Pandorym – a doomsday weapon from beyond the multiverse.
- Ragnorra – a being that births terrible monsters and remakes the world.
- Sertrous – the powerful spirit of a demon serpent.
- The Worm that Walks – the worm infested giant zombie-corpose of a slain god.
- Zargon – an unkillable monster imprisoned in a city of mad worshippers.
The Elder Evils 5th edition conversion on GM Binder has summaries and full-length features on each of these evils.
Unlock achievement badges by sharing observations about this article in the comments.