Starting on the 25th of October and continuing on until the 3rd of November, a collection of different Shadowrun RPG communities will be streaming as much Shadowrun as they can to raise money for sick kids.
There are seven different Shadowrun communities involved making the charity push a remarkable act of coordination and cooperation from gamers.
Each community has its own donations page so they can see what they’ve managed individually and support a different hospital.
- RunnerHub who are supporting The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. You can find their donation link on Extralife here.
- About A Light in the Dark who are raising funds for Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center. Donations to their Extralife page are made with this link.
- About Seattle 2080, a Discord community raising money for Children’s Hospital Of Los Angeles and with a donation page on Extralife here.
- Shadowrun Indy, also a Discord community, but this time supporting Riley Children’s Hospital. You can donate to support their efforts via Extralife here.
- Anarchist Central is a Shadowrun 5e living community supporting Seattle Children’s Hospital. You can donate through their Extralife link here.
- Anarchy Incorporated is raising money for the Children’s National Hospital. Support for their efforts is welcome at Extralife at this address.
- ShadowHaven uses a mediawiki for their storyline and is supporting Children’s Hospital of Orange County. Donations for ShadowHaven are made via this Extralife page.
- The Scrapyard, a Discord living community, who are raising funds for Riley Children’s Hospital. Once again, you can donate via Extralife.
I spoke to DrBurst of ShadowHaven about why the community was going to such efforts. He told me;
The Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals saved the life of the sister of one of our community members’. They have impacted the lives of a number of community members or children they know. Playing a game to raise money for them is the least we can do in return.”
It’s been a busy year for Shadowrun with publisher Catalyst Game Labs launching a 6th edition of the rules.
Creative Commons credits: Cyberpunk concept art by Arte Nativo.
Leave your thoughts below or pop over to the chat portal to find out what people are saying across the site.