After a test run, Eaglemoss Hero Collector has designed to fully launch a subscription build for the Ghostbusters’ iconic ECTO-1. They announced the news at the first-ever Ghostbusters Fan Fest held in the Sony Pictures Studio Lot in Culver City at the start of the month.
Dan Aykroyd, aka Dr Ray Stantz, had a personal unveiling of the fully assembled model.
This is a 1:8 scale die-cast replica of the hearse-cum-ambulance. Dan Aykroyd shared a little of the famous vehicle’s history, saying;
The conceit in the movie was it was a hearse converted to an ambulance, but in real life it was an ambulance that we converted to a hearse and then converted to an ambulance! The hearse just has a pallet to put the coffin in the back, but the ambulance has things like stretcher bars. And inside, next to the side door where we put our packs, there was a little seat where patients could be attended to. There’s no way a hearse would have a seat there for anyone to attend to a passenger!”
The parts come to you each month, allowing you to build ECTO-1 in small steps and over time. The completed vehicle has doors, hood and windows that open, working headlights, tail lights, and break lights. The finished build is over 31-inches long and nearly 10-inches wide. It has;
- Ghostbusting Roof Rack with intricately reproduced and poseable P.K.E.-detection tools
- Rotating Lights that illuminate and spin
- Opening Hood that reveals the highly detailed replica Cadillac V8 engine
- Working Headlights and Tail Lights operated from the dashboard
- Tires and Hubcaps with screen accurate Cadillac and Remington branding
- 5 Opening Doors that allow access to the authentically detailed interior
Builders can register their interst for ECTO-1 at Eaglemoss.