Sony are having a busy day with a number of announcements. Here’s a run through of some of the headline grabbers.
Sony are launching a new range of Xperia smartphones and bringing tablets into the range too. The James Bond Skyfall movie wil feature one of the new phones, the Xperia T which Sony is describing as its flagship phone for some markets.
A theme seems to be connections – using your phone to stream to a large (Sony) TV or, of course, the PlayStation Cerified options.
The Xperia T will launch in the UK next month, the Xperia J will launch in Q4 and the tablet will be known as the Xperia Tablet S.
Xperia T key features:
- 4.6” HD Reality Display powered by the Mobile BRAVIA® Engine for razor sharp clarity
- 13MP fast capture camera that goes from sleep mode to snap in just over a second
- Full 1080p HD video recording capabilities and a 720p HD front camera for the highest quality content
- Easy connectivity with ‘One-touch’ function enabled by NFC
- PlayStation™ Certified
- Latest generation 1.5GHz dual core processor for improved battery life, fast performance and ultra sharp graphics
- Android version 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Will be upgraded to Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) following launch. Detailed timing to follow
- MHL connectivity for viewing content on a big screen without the need for a charger
- Use Xperia TV Dock with MHL to HDMI converter and charging connector to enjoy photos and videos on an HDMI enabled TV
- In some markets Xperia T will be known as Xperia TX
- Available in Black, Silver and White colours
Xperia J key features:
- 9.2mm slim stylish design
- Large 4.0” FWVGA Display
- Social media updates by illumination
- 5MP camera
- Front chat camera
- Available in Black, Gold, White and Pink colours
Xperia Tablet S key features:
- Slim new aluminium body and splash-proof design
- NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core processor and Android 4.0.3 operating system
- Various experiences with original applications and Sony’s network services
- Optimized accessories (sold separately) to enhance experiences in every scene
Check out the comments below to see what other Geek Natives think.