🐙Sponsored Post paid for by Geek Native. We may earn a commission on sales.
Ooph! Can you believe it’s been 30 years since Steven Spielberg took Michael Crichton and David Koepp’s dinosaur story and made Jurassic Park?
How do you rank it in Sam Neill, Laura Dern or Jeff Goldblum’s all-time best? There’s some stiff competition there.
The merch, as you might expect, is beginning to get plugged;
- Merchoid has the official 30th Anniversary Limited Edition ticket. There will ONLY be 1993 made of them, so I expect them to sell out and that’s why I’m getting around to writing this post now.
- Zavvi, a UK brand, has bundles for steelbooks and t-shirts, including the 4K Ultra HD Collector’s Edition.
- BoxLunch also has some exclusives, including some great t-shirt and sweater designs. The Clever Girl crewneck is a good one.
- RSVLTS has some dramatic shirts, and I may buy their Clever Girl design.
- LongueFly, who seem to be kicking with their mini backpacks, have Jurassic backpacks and other merch.
- Dumbgood has a remarkable Raptor tie dye anorak and other designs.
Why was Jurassic Park such a good movie?
Maybe you disagree, but some bullet thoughts;
- The special effects were groundbreaking. Jurassic Park was the first major motion picture to use computer-generated imagery (CGI) to create realistic dinosaurs. The dinosaurs were so realistic that many it is reported audience members thought they were real. This groundbreaking use of CGI helped to make Jurassic Park a visual spectacle that audiences had never seen before.
- The story was exciting and suspenseful. Jurassic Park is about a group trapped on an island with dinosaurs. The dinosaurs are dangerous and unpredictable; the characters must use their ingenuity and courage to survive. The story is full of suspense and excitement, keeping the audience on the edge of their seats.
- The characters were well-developed and relatable. The characters in Jurassic Park are all interesting and complex individuals. They have their own unique strengths and weaknesses, and they make mistakes along the way. The audience can relate to these characters and root for them to succeed.
- The themes are thought-provoking. Jurassic Park explores several interesting themes, such as the ethics of cloning, the dangers of playing God, and the relationship between humans and nature. These themes are thought-provoking and give the audience something to think about after the movie is over.
Your considerate thoughts are welcome. Do you have something to add to this article? Please let us know in the comments below.