New rules for characters in Monte Cook Games’ Path of the Planebreaker are coming for the Cypher System in May.
Too long to wait?
There’s a 16-page free preview available now from DriveThruRPG.
Don’t have Path of the Planebreaker? You don’t need it. It’s nice to have, but there’s even some duplication so that all the chargen options are in the sample place – though MCGs reassures us that the double-up is very limited.
Planar natives, multiverse explorers, and those touched by mysterious forces leaking through from the planes: these characters are shaped by backgrounds and experiences unlike those found in more conventional environs. From a Warrior who Strikes With an Amethyst Fist, channelling power through a psionically resonant prosthetic, to a traveller character with a mysterious cosmic map imprinted on their skin, to a character with the Limbo Touched ability, who can change objects at will—characters with ties to the planes are just a bit different.
What’s in the Character Options book?
- Over two dozen new species descriptors, planar descriptors, and foci, including the Reformed Fiend who Wields a Chaos Blade.
- New character abilities which can be integrated into any Cypher System game.
- Rules to build or modify your own types, descriptors, and foci for transdimensional campaigns.
- New cyphers and artifacts from, or affected by, the planes such as the soul net, reality tuner, or crow’s eye.
Planar Character Options for Cypher System is written by Bruce R. Cordell.
- Download: Planar Character Options for Cypher.
Get involved with the conversation. Leave some thoughts below.