Dream Realm Storytellers are living up to their name with this surreal 5e setting. Silverplate mixes D&D with food, so you can be pizza druids or donut barbarians.
Quirky? I thought so, but at the time of writing, a few days after launch, there are more than 1,000 backers for Silverplate. You can see the latest tally or back from the pitch page.
The campaign has picked up a Kickstarter “Project We Love” badge and there’s a 20-page free to download demo. You can try before you buy, just a sample as if you were being teased in by a food counter.
The land is one of the fungi forests and Sundae mountains and is populated by foodfolk, edible peoples who have been poached and boiled but are still alive.
PCs are foodfolk, food or drink; you can play D&D as a burger with spicy sauce.
- 60 well-designed monsters like the raging marshmallow or cheddar oozing with salivary images
- 10 memorable NPCs like the Pistachio Princess, Lady of the Tea, and Donan the Barbarian
- 12 archetypes include the rejuvenation domain, the oath of taste, the path of sugar rush, the vegetable guerrilla conclave, and the school of ingredients.
- Feats with appropriate names for the theme, such as Leftover and Pickled/
- New mechanics include conditions like burnt and tasteless.
- A balanced race creation system with limitless combinations
- Fast Food Races
- A detailed topography with large cities, exotic wilderness, and distinctive landmarks.
- 30+ brilliantly illustrated magic items
With an unending combination of player options, players will find ample opportunity to explore the most memorable and fun characters to become heroes in these fantastic lands or get eaten trying! Whether you’re a coffee cleric rejuvenating your party, a corn ranger sneaking through a thick forest of sugar beets, or a donut barbarian hunting a fearsome fried chicken dragon, this game is teeming with new experiences for anyone with a taste of adventure!
It’s a pledge of £17 to unlock the PDF of the campaign setting, though you can support the indie project for less.
The setting and the Blight of the Green Witch and Other Adventures in PDF are offered up as thank yous to backers at £25.
At £41, the Silverplate setting is the reward and in hardcover and PDF. After that, at £66, backers get the setting and Green Witch adventure in both hardcover and PDF.
Extras like the GM screen, setting and dungeon maps are added at £83, and then there’s a big leap to £246, which a dozen people have made, to secure a cupboard of previous DRS hits such as Sviland, Freyja’s Tears, and some Bloodpunk books.
The publisher estimates August 2023 for delivery and there’s a joke here about 5e numbers that’s just out of reach.
Is that the end of the story? Community contributions can be found in the comment section at the end of the page.