It’s an RPG news summary, and I’m back at my desk. It’s been a busy week, with fewer RPGs and more anime content on the site than in general.
Here’s the super summary;
- Role, the challenger platform, has loaded the Dune RPG.
- It’s not due this year, but pre-orders are open for the Marvel Multiverse: Role-Playing Game.
- American sports TV are showcasing D&D.
It’s also the start of the new month, so the RPG Publisher Spotlight is open. The candidates for December are;
Who won in December? Bandit Camp did!
Now, let’s dive in with all that tabletop news! (and more bullet points!)
Competition: Waxing On: The Karate Kid and Me
RPG news from Geek Native
- I published the second of two interviews with Modiphius’ Chris Birch.
- WizKids will release this Gargantuan Tarrasque into the wild.
- The December patron Spotlight poll is open.
- At the Bundle of Holding, there’s a Cthulhu Confidential duet deal.
Spotlight: Bandit Camp
RPG news from around the web
- Dune: Adventures in the Imperium launches on Role.
- Collider reports that Joe Manganiello & Kyle Newman’s ‘Dungeons & Dragons’ Documentary Begins Production.
- COmicBook reports that ESPN runs Dungeons & Dragons segment on SportsCenter.
- Collin Orser writes for the student newspaper Roll the Dice with LCC’s Table Top Roleplaying Club.
- Necrotic Gnome shares a progress report on Dolmenwood.
- You can pre-order the core rules for Marvel Multiverse: Role-Playing Game.
RPG reviews and interviews from around the web
- MRJ RPG writes up Heinrich’s Call of Cthulhu Guide to Character Creation Review.
- Mixed Signals reviews the Spelljammer Skulls & Crossbows.
- Dicebreaker shares Impressions: Journaling RPG Not A Demon imagines community action through the eyes of a maligned spirit and Lead your own Ghost Files investigation with horror-comedy tabletop RPG Ghoulboys.
- Popgeeks features an Ink TTRPG Review – Innovative Combat System Built Upon Playing a Dual-faced Character.
- Adventures Buffo reviews the RPG HELM.
- The Roleplayers Chronicle writes up The One Ring.
- Reviews from R’lyeh shares thoughts on Fearful Symmertries for Trail of Cthulhu.
- On EN World, Rob Wieland reviews Soulbound – Champions of Death.
- Grognardia shares a retrospective on Cities of Harn.
- The Other Side writes up D&D’s Libris Mortis.
- Geek Girl Authority interviews Damion Poitier.
- Green Ronin’s Steve Kenson interviews author Aaron Rosenberg.
RPG new releases
- Handiwork Games gets Mesolithic and psychedelic with Maskwitches of Foggoten Doggerland.
- The battle for Arrakis begins with Modiphius’ Dune: Masters of Dune.
- Modiphius has also released Homeworld: Revelations – Core Rulebook.
- From the Hip RPG invite you to pay as much as you want for the 4-page RPG.
- Pacesetter Games wants to lure you into Endless Encounters: Dungeons.
RPG bundle deals
- Save $12.46 (38%) with Bloat Games’ SURVIVE THIS!! Dark Places & Demogorgons Core Bundle bundle.
- Save $12.25 (49%) with Mitchell Turnbull’s Ultimate Classes bundle.
- Save $10 (40%) with the DMsGuild’s Wondrous Options.
RPG ideas, tips and discoveries
- Flat-out dangerous; here’s a video on nuclear gaming dice.
- Rob Wieland writes up A beginner’s guide to horror roleplaying games. It’s at Forbes; you might get pay-walled.
- Wargamer notes you can Become a knight or mage with DnD Dragonlance backgrounds and feats.
- The Alexandrian shares wisdom on Campaign Status Module: Restocking Checklists.
- Gnome Stew’s Brittany Ferrendi has thoughts on When No One Wants to GM.
- ScreenRant’s Aleksandr Streisel has insight on How DMs Can Plan Around Unpredictable Players.
You can see those Kickstarters and other crowdfunding campaigns that caught Geek Native’s attention over at Kickstarter watch. Here are some industry projects worth a mention;
- Candy Dice Sets – A colorful world of Taste from Green Art of Colors by Emanuele Terzoni introduces “Simple but Incredible world of colors dice sets”
- Grimm Hunters | Chapter Two: Monsters Beware from Mythologic Arts Studio nominates “High quality models for print and play. Includes STLs, 5e module, Stat Sheets and Exclusive Artwork. Limited physical sets available!”
- Warrens of the Great Goblin Chief from Johnny Rook Games, LLC offers “An expanded re-release of this popular D&D fantasy role-playing OSR adventure game for OSRIC, 1e/2e AD&D, BECMI, and now for OSE!”
- Halloween adventure DND 5e (1-2 shot) from faelore pitches “inspired by the “Halloween Tree” written by Ray Bradbury. the movie was always one of my favorites growing up, so DND it up”
- EUMORPHICA – Transhuman Spacefaring Role-Play from Sanguine Productions LLC suggests “A game about navigating the furthest stars by means of the best instrument you’ll ever own: your own body.”
- Website for the Midnight Lands RPG from Alex kickstarts “a web encyclopedia for my homebrew tabletop RPG-Adventure, the game is currently under construction.”
- Segone 2 : your fantasy worldmap from Stressed_Raccoon pitches “3D printable tiles to show YOUR fantasy world. Mountains, river, forest and village await you ! Pay what you want pack avalaible too”
- The Myth of Cthulhu II: Collectible Coins from Vermilion Craft submits “a finer game piece, a must-have collectible, a unique Lovecraftian set featuring legendary entities from the Cthulhu Mythos”
- Magic D20 & More: Awesome Dice of Pure Randomness! from No Apologies Workshop offers “A Fun Variety of Bouncy, UV-Reactive Dice!
Magic D20: Fate & Fortune, Polyhedral Dice & Hallow Kitty! Your Future is in the Stars!”
- Incontri: Glory to the King from Luca Galimberti submits “A D&D 5e short adventure for a low level party with fleshed out characters, interesting plot points and monsters’ arts!”
- The Midnight Codex from Meta Mage Studios submits “An episodic role-playing game by Benjamin C. Bailey.”
- Dungeros Core Set from NiadarStudios offers “Dungeon Tiles and Assets for Role-playing games – STL format for 3d printing.”
- Ritual Spell Book and Witch Class for 5e from Fumble Folks is working on “Spellbook of new & adapted ritual spells for use outside of combat, and the Witch class for 5e, including Voodoo, Clairvoyant & Shaman.”
- Cthulhu CoinSides – 9 Dice and More on One Spinning Coin from Charles Ward proposes “Our 2nd gaming spinner forges 9 dice, life counter, timer, cipher, medallion, and more into a single luxurious 2-inch metal coin.”
- Bizarre Blades and Torches, for Use With Fantasy RPGs from Philip Reed crowdfunds “Two tiny booklets, each detailing d66 items to drop into your OSR fantasy roleplaying game. Created by Philip Reed.”
- Daemonologie: The Devil’s Parlour Game from Daemonologie: The Devil’s Parlour Game is working on “A camp and bloody alternative history TTRPG, set against the brutal and arcane 1600s England.”
- The Great Crossing Heresies from Violet Ballard raises funds for “A Three Act Gothic Space Horror Adventure for Mothership”
- Horror Epics: Undead Oracle Deck & GrymWyrd Vol. 3 from STONEworks Gaming crowdfunds “A custom oracle deck with 5e, MÖRK BORG, & OSE mechanics + the third entry in our horror adventure anthology series!”
- €1 One Shot: Giant Problems, Giant Solutions from Ardann Creative offers “A 5e Compatible Adventure”
- Tales of New Edan from anzi submits “A remnant world of magic, discovery and diversity.”
- The Golden Age of Khares: A Psychedelic Sword & Sandal RPG from Moose Lodge Games suggests “A TTRPG based on Low Fantasy Gaming. Designed for OSR style play with a large group of revolving players!”
- 275+ Fantasy tabletop map Collection. from Nathaly Aupin suggests “275+ Fantasy maps for your favorite RPG settings divided into specific categories.”
- The Tower of Sargoh — RPG Module from Old School Dungeon Master nominates “An Old School RPG adventure module based on ODD / HOLMES / MOLDVAY BX / 1e and any OSR game systems such as DCC or OSRIC.”
- Infernal Tomes 1 from Labreth LLC pitches “Grimoire of the Blackened Bone. A pathfinder supplement on Necromancy”
- Cards and Crusades from David suggests “A playing card TTRPG with a heavy focus on exploration.”
- Dungeon Journal from Elder Wood raises funds for “A leatherbound DnD journal with an integrated dice box spine, loaded with everything your game needs”
- Vengeance of the Valravn: A Dark 5e Adventure from Lou Anders suggests “A slumbering evil awakens…
A threat long vanquished has returned…
Are you brave enough to run with the wolves?”
- NPC Fantasy Portrait Cards from Little Nuke Games pitches “Make your NPCs memorable! Beautifully crafted characters, suited for Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder and other role-playing systems.”
- The Knights Synar – a 5E DnD Adventure Module from Zan’s Adventures nominates “A dark adventure, inspired by the legend of the Knights Templar.”
- Two 5e TTRPG Adventures, Same Art from Josh Heath introduces “This project is for a pair of 5e adventures inspired by the same art, creating vastly different story ideas to use in your campaigns.”
- The First Gate: A Menagerie of Madness from BiscuitTinRPG suggests “Take a stroll through a new world between dimensions connected through time and space and look into the denizens that call it home.”
- Monstrous Beasts: A Guide to Friend Them from Eldritch Osiris Games raises funds for “Animal companions, archetypes, items, creatures, and more in this wildlife-themed supplement for Pathfinder 2e.”
- Quest Decks 2.0: Adventure Cards for your RPG Games from Dice Dungeons suggests “More adventure hooks in the form of posted notices to jump start your D&D, Pathfinder, or other tabletop campaign.”
- Wildendrem Volume One: The Valley of Flowers from Phantom Mill Games suggests “Quest through an Arthurian fever dream realm of perilous beauty in this sandbox campaign setting for tabletop adventure games.”
- The World of Lien: Last Light of Creation from CODY HOWARD submits “A Campaign setting for the World’s Greatest Role Playing Game”
- Seasons of Adventure from Ron Ogden offers “Our Team is creating a 5e ADVENT CALENDAR, with daily miniatures, and more, leading up to a playable winter adventure for your party!”
- The Modern Adventurer’s Guide to Guns & Gear: A 5e add-on from The Scrying Dutchman pitches “A 200+ page 5e supplement that allows you to run your games in modern day inspired settings!”
- Ultimate Guide to Foraging, Harvesting & Natural Discovery from Nord Games nominates “The definitive handbook for expanding fantasy worlds with crafting materials, items, and downtime activities for 5th Edition D&D!”
- In The Shadows – Expanding Thieves’ Guilds in 5e from Grim Press submits “This is a special edition of our 5e Unearthed Spoils Digital Magazine focused on giving GMs tools to introduce and run thieves’ guilds.”
- Heretic’s Guide to Devotion & Divinity (5E) from Eventyr Games raises funds for “A 5E sourcebook with ready-to-play relic hunts, divine NPCs, and religious cults – plus new celestial foes and divinely inspired loot!”
- StormKnights VOL.1 from Swords & Shields Creations raises funds for “3D Printable STL Files for Collecting and Tabletop RPG – Compatible with Tabletop Games like D&D or Warhammer.”
- Speak, False Machine from Patrick Stuart offers “Ten years of blog posts from Patrick Stuarts’ False Machine’ in book form.”
- Angels: Heralds of War from A’n’SR -entertainments nominates “A print and play war game of Faithful Angels fighting Fallen Angels”
- Inner Circle RPG from Alex White raises funds for “Push your luck in this beer-and-pretzels dark comedy game of horrible people currying the favour of someone even worse than they are!”
- Places Beyond: Fantasy Stock Art for TTRPGs from Fantastical submits “Early Bird pricing only open for 24 Hours after launch! Fifty Royalty-Free images of classic fantasy locations!”
- SHOTGLASS ROUNDS #13: Gates of Shun-Zin from Laidback Dungeon Master is working on “A PDF module for DnD 5e, Old School Essentials (OSE) & OSR – Can YOU Uncover the Secrets of the Gates!”
- Stratation Design’s Mushroom Town Dice Tower from Stratation Design offers “Enhance your tabletop games with a 3D printable Dice Tower and beautiful mushroom props by Stratation Design.”
- Witches: Insect Coven Swamp from Juan Lerma crowdfunds “3D stl Files for Boardgames & tabletop , insect ,monsters & Witches , 75mm & pre-Supported Files”
- Marza’s Viscous Collection from 4RandomPixels offers “A collection of slimy and gelatinous monsters for D&D 5th edition, all in pixel art.”
- The Realms of the Grimmdirflich Star from Author Betsy Cole offers “A High Fantasy series for the DnD lovers, fairy tale obsessors, folklore enthusiasts, and mythological gurus.”
- Kingdoms of Hârn: Orbaal Hardcover from Columbia Games pitches “Fourth in the series of “Hârnbacks”, hardcover editions of the Kingdoms of Hârn.”
- Shipwrecks of the Astral Sea: The Abbey Oak from Jerry Joe Seltzer raises funds for “A Spelljammer dungeon for astral travelers level 6 to 8. Great for a one-shot or as a dungeon to explore.”
- The Spider Palace for DnD 5e RPG – for only £4 GBP from Dark Realm Roleplay raises funds for “The Spider Palace is a D&D 5e Mystery Adventure for 3rd to 5th Level Characters.”
- Island of Zaerth from Russell introduces “A standalone campaign designed for use with the 5th Edition, and published under the OGL.”
- Pulp Alley: Character Cards Collection from PULP ALLEY submits “A collection of over 400 premium full color cards featuring an amazing array of heroes, colleagues, and enemies for Pulp Alley games.”
- Improphet’s Tome from Improphet offers “Pathfinder 2e Compatible”
If there’s a source or news you think is worth monitoring, please get in touch or leave a comment below.