The headline news from Roll20Con 2021 is the launch of the mobile app. It allows;
- Roll20 users to view character sheets from their phones or tablets.
- Roll for abilities, combat and spells.
- Roll virtual dice, including the VTT chat.
- Make con-combat skill checks.
- Track and manage HP, spell slots, inventory, hit dice, and death saves.
Overall, though, the mood seems to be a shift towards player-oriented developments and not just trying to onboard GMs.
There were launches during the event and a roadmap up to the middle of 2022. Let’s take a look.
Live games now include;
- The Dark Eye from Ulisses Spiele, which is a very popular RPG in Germany.
- Art packs from The Unsleeping City from Dimension 20.
- Adventures on a Dime 2.0 from Dungeons on a Dime.
The list of games and expansions coming before the end of the year;
- Cyberpunk Red from R. Talsorian.
- New Fate of Cthulhu from Evil Hat Productions.
- Depending on the Kickstarter, Advanced Lovers and Lesbians for Thirsty Sword Lesbians from Evil Hat Productions.
- Galactic Magic, Lost Omens: Absalom, City of Lost Omens, Lost Omens: Monsters of Myth from Paizo Publishing.
- Eight new Fiasco playsets from Bully Pulpit.
- Astonishing Adventures/Mutants & Masterminds and Return to Freeport from Green Ronin Publishing.
Expected out in the first quarter of 2022;
- Power Rangers RPG (which can be pre-ordered now) from Renegade Game Studios.
- Vampire: the Masquerade Second Inquisition Sourcebook from Renegade Game Studios.
- Strixhaven: Curriculum of Chaos (pre-orders available now) from Wizard of the Coast.
- Critical Role: Call of the Netherdeep (pre-orders available now) from Wizards of the Coast.
- Fallout RPG from Modiphius.
- Zweihander Main Gauche from Andrews McMeel.
- Flames of Freedom from Andrews McMeel.
- Haunted West from Darker Hue Studios.
- Coyote & Crow from Coyote & Crow.
- Does Love Forgive from Chaosium.
Lastly, for the second quarter of 2022;
- Exquisite Crime from Hunters Entertainment.
- Tormenta 20 from Jambo Editora.
Roll20 development roadmap
Outside of the new products, The Orr Group also shed light on the development of the Roll20 platform itself.
- Image placement on the VTT to automatically detect map and token sizes.
- Performance improvement across the board, including VTT load times and dice rolling speed.
- Compendiums in the mobile companion app.
- Documentation for character sheet developers to optimize their work on mobile.
- Design system updates, rolling out throughout 2022.
Take part in the community by leaving a thoughtful comment below.