Luke Gygax and Gary Con, the tabletop RPG convention named after D&D co-creator Gary Gygax, has issued a statement addressing a lawsuit.
It’s an incredible lawsuit, surfaced by Tenkar’s Tavern and with a DropBox copy of the filing made public. The whole document is over 100 pages long and makes many allegations, from corruption to forced brothel visits and sexual harassment.
Servotronics, a parts manufacturer, a knife company, and others are named. Inappropriate financial relationships are alleged. The lawsuit paints a picture of widespread corruption, misbehaviour, toxicity and dishonesty.
Luke Gygax’s comments focus on a few points;
- To state that Ken Trbovich is not associated with Gary Con, nor ever will be.
- To state that Ken Trbovich has never owned Gary Con.
- To state that Gary Con has received some support from associated businesses.
- To address concerns around the charity auction and promise it will be videoed in the future.
- To acknowledge there are money fees to pay for handling charity auction donations.
Is that the end of the story? Community contributions can be found in the comment section at the end of the page.