Crunchyroll have published a look at 2020’s most popular anime. It’s a fairly representative example as Crunchyroll is the world’s largest anime platform.
What’s more; it’s by region. By eye, I’d guess Jujutsu Kaisen or My Academia S4 is the most popular, but that’s warped land masses tricking me. Here are the actual numbers;
- Black Clover – 87 countries and territories
- JUJUTSU KAISEN – 71 countries and territories
- BORUTO: NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS – 32 countries and territories
- My Hero Academia – 23 countries and territories
- Tower of God – 10 countries and territories
- The God of High School – 10 countries and territories
- Attack on Titan – 6 countries and territories
- Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- – 1 country
- Onyx Equinox – 1 country
That’s a good set of results for the Webtoon partnership and the Crunchyroll Originals project. I suspect Onyx Equinox does well in Japan because it’s one of the few shows Crunchyroll would have an exclusive on there.
Don’t agree with the results? Well, this wasn’t a vote. Crunchyroll crunched the numbers for this.
However, you can vote until the 22nd in the Anime Awards, hosted by Crunchyroll, which are now open.
Leave a comment below and join the Geek Native community.