Studio Agate is currently running a Kickstarter a combination of Shadows of Esteren RPGs and art. It should be the highly acclaimed fantasy’s 8th birthday celebration tour, but all the cons have been cancelled. The Kickstarter is being run instead.
It’s worth noting that there’s been a change to the Kickstarter since it went live. Studio Agate has announced a reprint of the core book, which has not been available in retail for quite a while. That means there’s a new $50 RPG core book pledge tier which delivers a Kickstarter Special Edition.
The cover of the Kickstarter Special core rules edition is by Yoann Lossel, which you can see below.
The other half of the Kickstarter is all about the art of this dark fantasy land.
If you want it; there are currently 12 pages of “Dark Romanticism” art available for free.
The full artbook, if funded, will weigh in at 200 pages and have 8 themes;
- Demorthèn: Sacred druids and heirs to the Osag culture. The Demorthèn embody the connection between the world spirits and of men.
- Magience: Holders of science from the faraway Continent. They are the ideological adversaries of both the Demorthèn and followers of the Temple and follow a humanist credo.
- Temple: They are a cause of hope for some, and danger in the eyes of others. The Temple has become a significant faction in the peninsula.
- Occultism: Investigators of the supernatural, mediums, and sorcerers wielding forbidden powers. Occultists must remain on the move to avoid persecutions.
- Landscapes: The grandiose and wild landscapes of a windswept land.
- Lifestyles: Illustrations of Tri-Kazelian civilization and its ways of life.
- Figures: Esteren brings the human condition to the forefront, and this section is dedicated to them, depicting figures of Tri-Kazel.
- Feondas and Creatures: In the depths of forests, at the bottom of lakes and rivers, creatures lurk—deadly beauties haunting Tri-Kazelian folklore.
What does Dark Romanticism look like? Here’s a teaser image from the artist Chane.
Art credits: Yoann Lossel and Chane.
You can find thoughts and opinions on this article in the comment section below.