The latest round of Dungeons & Dragons playtesting from Wizards of the Coast is out. Unearthed Arcana dabbles in tattoos.
You can grab the PDF from here.
Introduced are new spells for Bards, Druid, Clerics, Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer, Warlock and Wizards. The spells are focused around summoning spirits or shrouds. Wizards, though, get a 1st-level evocation that lets them shoot a stream of acid.
The rarer the tattoo, the more space it takes up, however, there’s more than just physicality to the magic. Once inked the mystical effect of the symbol isn’t removed even if the tattoo is.
A common tattoo is usually anything up to six inches whereas a legendary one will cover two limbs and the torso.
- Absorbing Tattoo – gain rather than take hits when struck by the right damage type.
- Barrier Tattoo – boost your AC while you’re not wearing armour.
- Coiling Grasp Tattoo – extrude inky tendrils to damage or grapple.
- Eldritch Claw Tattoo – turn your unarmed strikes into magical ones with bonuses.
- Blood Fury Tattoo – critical hit more often and for more damage.
- Illuminator Tattoo – hide writing so only a named person can read it.
- Lifewell Tattoo – Once per day, when reduced to 0 points, drop to 1 hit point instead.
- Ghost Step Tattoo – Three daily charges to either resist some types of damage, refuse grappling or restraints, or move through objects.
- Masquerade Tattoo – Once per day enjoy the effects of the digsuise self.
- Spellwrought Tattoo – A single spell of up to 5th level.
- Shadowfell Brand Tattoo – Once per day reduce the amount of damage you take by half.
Creative Commons credit: Royal Orc Blade Blaster by xhchenz.
Teleport over to the chat portal to learn how to unlock comment badges.