In this post, Geek Native shares sales data from DriveThruRPG to reveal which was the most popular anime or cartoon RPG published this year.
We don’t have the sales volume, just the relative position each RPG, supplement or accessory managed to achieve on the chart. However, as products in DriveThruRPG can belong to more than one genre, sometimes games appear on more than one list, and we can cross-reference tables.
Best selling anime and cartoon RPGs of 2019
The top ten selling anime and cartoon RPGs that were published in 2019.
- Carbon 2185 | A Cyberpunk RPG Core Rulebook by Dragon Turtle Games.
- Robotech: A Macross Saga RPG (SWAdE) by Battlefield Press.
- Robotech: The Macross Saga Roleplaying Game by Strange Machine Games.
- The Short Games Digest: Volume 1 by Sandy Pug Games.
- My Little Pony: Tails of Equestria – The Storytelling Game by River Horse Games.
- SURVIVE THIS!! Vigilante City – Core Rules by Bloat Games.
- Play Manga d20 by d20pfsrd.com.
- Savage Tokusatsu: Kaiju, Mechs, and Heroes for Savage Worlds by BPB Games.
- Interstitial: Our Hearts Intertwined by Linksmith Games.
- My Little Pony: Tails of Equestria – The Bestiary of Equestria by River Horse Games.
The cyberpunk and Kickstarted Carbon 2185 is the best selling anime or cartoon game, published in 2019, this year. It also made #9 in the sci-fi charts. Geek Native reviewed the 5e game in June and from the screen grabs there you’ll see it’s more easily classified as anime than cartoon.
How much should you pay for a best selling anime or cartoon RPG?
We’re taking the lowest price for RPGs and accessories for our 2019 cost analysis. That’s the price that is coloured in red on the DriveThruRPG product page. Why are we using it? It’s not always a sales price and sometimes persists all year round to show the difference between buying a PDF compared to a printed book. In those cases, the red price is the actual price.
The average price for a top ten anime or cartoon game base on 2019’s publishing successes in just $16.85.
Movers and shakers
How does this top ten compare to last year? It looks very different. The 2018 chart featured three different Robotech products and Palladium isn’t able to publish any of those any more. This year, we had two different publishers make the top three with competing Robotech books instead.
Meanwhile, River Horse is the only publisher to appear twice, and it’s My Little Pony responsible for that success each time.
Creative Commons credit: The Mane 6 by Bradley Saltsman.
Looking for the comment section? It's just below.