In May, Cubicle 7 announced a second edition of The One Ring RPG with an important extra element. The One Ring would get a new name. It would get to use a set of words it wasn’t able to before.
Cubicle 7 would rename The One Ring to The One Ring – The Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Game.
Today they revealed the cover for it.
The cover artist is Johan Grenier.
The One Ring – The Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Game (which I’m already very tempted just to call The Lord of the Rings RPG) is a 352 paged core ruleset. In the second edition events in Middle Earth advanced forward from the first, bringing us closer to events in The Lord of the Rings books.
Cubicle 7 tells us that the game contains.
- A complete set of rules for roleplaying in Middle-earth.
- Character generation and fellowship creation rules.
- 11 Cultures and 6 different Callings for characters.
- A bestiary that contains Giant Spiders, Wargs, Orcs, Stone-trolls and lots more.
- Help, tips and techniques for telling stories that feel like The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.
- A complete ‘Tale of Years’ spanning the death of Smaug up to 2065 of the Third Age.
What do you make of the cover? Eager and excited for the game to hit stores?