Arkham Horror is a hugely popular game from Fantasy Flight Games (originally by Chaosium). It’s famous for good reasons; a great investment, a clever game and quite a challenge. It’s famous for less good reasons; not easy for new players and taking around 30 to 60 minutes to set up if you know what you’re doing.
There are a lot of tokens. The good news is that the production values are pretty good. “Pretty good” means they can be improved! That’s exactly what Etsy store 3D Game Gear has done.
Tempted? The 3D printed tokens are only a couple of bucks and ship worldwide. You can check out more details on their Etsy page.
Never played Arkham Horror? Don’t mind some swearing and gamers sitting down to drink and have fun? This two hour video from Dawnforged Cast takes you from set up to gameplay. At the time of writing it’s been watching nearly 50,000 times.
Need some tips for Arkham Horror? I don’t blame you. Green Knight Games offers some strategic inight which we can paraphrase below.
- Assign roles to your investigators; collectors, gate sealers, monster sweeper, etc.
- Be flexible with your goals but try and get those gates closed.
- Areas like Independence Square, the Witch House and the Woods are most likely to spawn gates.
- Seal high priority gates first.
- Elder Signs are very powerful. Check the curiosity shop for them.
- Green Diamond locations are safer than Red ones.
- Don’t forget to use your focus to adjust skills.
- Visit the Hospital or Asylum to recharge.
- Remember you can swap gate trophies at the Science Building, Church and River Dock for help.
- Many Lore encounters test your Luck skill.
- Some encounter cards say ‘may’. This means they’re optional but failure tends to be more harsh.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $49.98Was: $59.95
- Price: $27.99Was: $29.95
- Price: $21.98Was: $27.99
- Price: $32.01Was: $39.95
- Price: $64.99
- Price: $58.00Was: $59.99
- Price: $24.99Was: $27.99
- Price: $41.95