Microsoft will be running its own gaming event today – X10. It’s a chance for the software monster to show off some of its titles.
The line up is pretty sexy and the speculation is better yet. Putting rumours together with tweets, I get a list that looks like:
- Halo Reach – should get the date for the beta launch.
- Fable 3 – More juicy information
- Project Gotham Racing 5 – rumours, at least, that Microsoft will step in to do something with PGR 5
- Dead Rising 2 – We should get some footage out of Capcom (I wonder if they’ll slag off the Wii again; good venue to do it!)
- Crackdown 2 – A release date and hopefully a demo. Ruffian Games have been tweeting about it.
- Gears of War 3 – Might get a mention.
- Alan Wake – The release date for this is April 13th. Likelihood is that Remedy will take the chance to shine the spotlight.
- Splinter Cell: Conviction – Ubisoft tends to take chances like this to remind us of the Sam Fisher franchise
Final Fantasy XIII – It’s certain Square Enix will push the first ever Final Fantasy to make it to the Xbox at X10. How could they not?
- Toy Soldiers – Xbox.com doesn’t give a release date for this game yet. Roll on X10
- Perfect Dark – 4J Studios’ shooter game is also missing a release date. I expect that’ll change soon.
- Lots of Project Natal stuff.
I think we can also expect a Twitter frenzy around the hashtag #x10xbox.
It looks like Microsoft’s press people are briefing people with correct tweet formats.
I was once told by a tech journalist (now a PR bod) that Microsoft’s press team are infamously bad. I’m not sure that’s the case if they’re getting Twitter right with an event like this.
That’s my list. What would you add?