Free to play Dungeons and Dragons MMORPG Neverwinter will do winter. An in-game special event has Faerun celebrate Simril, the festival of the winter solstice and the longest night of the year.
Major Vario Cephied of the Twilight Tor has opened his doors to adventurers in search of a winter escape. The festival area includes Glorfindar Lake and a slalom course that runs down the mountain and around Glorfindar – the Twilight Run.
The Winter Festival Event beings on 19th December at 10:00 AM (PST) and finishes at 9th of Janurary at 10:00 AM (PST). Heroes may pick up rewards like a Winter Sled Mount, Frost Mimic Companion and winter weapon sets.
The agenda is subject to change but currently looks like;
- The Twilight Run – Take part in slalom races around the Lake Glorfindar on your favorite mounts, on your feet, or the brand new magical Winter Sled mount!
- Monsters on Ice – Fight on an icy lake against frost goblins, ice trolls, and rimefire golems in a contest to defeat the most frigid foes possible!
- Ice Fishing – Go ice fishing across Lake Glorfindar, utilizing rare baits and better rods to pull in the largest fish possible. Rare fish bring in more points in a contest, and more Lights of Simril to be used for various Winter Festival-exclusive items
- Star Gazing – Stare into the winter sky and view the various constellations of Neverwinter and receive a fortune. Lucky players may even receive a special buff!
- Simril Lightcrafting – Collect the Lights of Simril and craft them into various items in a brand new Master of Lights profession!
- New Holiday Items – Use the Lights of Simril and Stars of Fortune currencies to purchase rewards such as the new Sparkling weapons, fashionable scarves, the Winter Sled and Dappled Riding Horse mounts, the Frost Mimic and Fawn of Shialla companions, and more!