ICV2 has released their figures for hobby game sales in the US for the winter of 2012. It’s good news for the year wrap-up with hobby store growth being at 15%, that follows from 20% the year before and in wonderful contrast to the 5% decline we saw in 2008. In fact, 2012 is the fourth year in the role of growth.
The top best selling RPGs for the fall are;
- Pathfinder (Paizo Publishing)
- Star Wars (Fantasy Flight Games)
- Dungeons & Dragons (Wizards of the Coast)
- Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader/Deathwatch (Fantasy Flight Games)
- Iron Kingdoms (Privateer Press)
Based on the Spring sales data, this sees Star Wars jump in from outside the top five to push Dungeons and Dragons into third place.
Dragon Age and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying are pushed out and Privateer Press’ Iron Kingdoms makes its way in. Fantasy Flight is the only publisher with two titles in the top five.
Level up your geek stat by contributing to the comments.