Storm Bunny Studios has released a generous 21-page free version of The Bloodlines & Black Magic Roleplaying Game: Quick Start Guide.
As the name implies, the quick start isn’t a complete set of rules but an introduction of seven lessons and assists with the first official season of the game, The Trouble in the Black Hills.
Horror themes, the supernatural and conspiracy themes are all explored in a mirror world setting like ours, but not.
The Secret World shares the same physical structure as the Mundane because it dwells inside of it; it is a modern walled garden, a place that is collectively barred to the public and is only experienced through Hollywood’s carefully polished lens. It is the realm of the world’s secret power players. This general inaccessibility makes the Secret World the perfect place for its second function—it hides the many gates that link the Mundane World to the realm beyond the Veil.
These restricted regions of the Mundane World hide the portals and gateways that lead to the Invisible World. The Secret World is a bridge between worlds hidden within the glittering elite domains of the rich and powerful. Regular access is a closely guarded commodity.
Seven distinct bloodlines work from the shadows of the Secret World to shape the Mundane. Working from walled estates around the world, these lineages dispatch their agents to solve problems, hunt monsters, depose governments, or collect items for their masters in the Invisible World.
The original game was developed first for Pathfinder 1, and still uses familiar terms but has now evolved into its own rule set.
Just as there are seven bloodlines, there are seven lessons/sections in the quickstart to help you master the new rules and games in the setting.
- Lesson 1 discusses The Mundane, Secret, and Invisible Worlds.
- Lesson 2 outlines the Invisible City and explains where it fits into the larger scheme of things.
- The Realms Beyond are discussed in Lesson 3 of this series.
- Lesson 4 outlines the Crimson Ecology and provides a quick overview of the septet of species that coexist with humans on Earth.
- Lesson 5 describes how magic operates.
- Lesson 6 explains The Arcana and how they affect the game’s plot, the development of each character’s story, and more.
- Lesson 7 explains the seven bloodlines that have a hidden influence on humanity.
- Download for Free: The Bloodlines & Black Magic Roleplaying Game: Quick Start Guide.
- Buy core rules in black and white or colour.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments below!