The Box of Terrors, a third-party storage box for Mörk Borg, has an interior size of 6.25″ x 9.25″ x 2″ so that it holds your core rules and a few zines, dice, pencils, and chance of saving the world from doom.
It’s appropriate because Mr Reed has now backed 1436 Kickstarters and launched 50. The designer has personally created enough Mork Borg content to fill the box. It’s also appropriate because Reed is on Kickstarter’s advisory council. It’s not a conflict that the project as a Kickstarter “Project We Love” as it confirms that few are as active on the platform as Philip Reed is. You can see some of the great art, find out or more or back from the pitch page.
The photograph is shown below and in the pitch is the prototype, but I think it does the concept justice.
I also think a zine box is a great idea. I know the awkwardness of keeping zines safe puts me off them. There’s more than a box; there’s art and printed rules. And posters! What’s Mork Borg without its fantastic art?
- Chamber of Screams, a 12″ x 12″ double-sided mini-poster/adventure.
- The Forest Stones, a 12″ x 12″ double-sided mini-poster/adventure.
- An Unfinished Task, a 12″ x 12″ double-sided mini-poster/adventure. ($6,000 stretch goal, unlocked.)
- The Zombie Portal, a 12″ x 12″ double-sided mini-poster/adventure. ($8,000 stretch goal, unlocked.)
- In the Ruins of the Towers, a 12″ x 12″ double-sided mini-poster/adventure. ($10,500 stretch goal, unlocked.)
- Gloves of Horrible Suffering, a double-sided bookmark detailing an NPC/item. ($12,500 stretch goal, unlocked.)
A pledge of $3 is enough for a reward. A digital box? Now, but files to print out and stick to your box.
You can support the project through social shares and pledging just a few dollars. However, if you can get to $20 and are in the United States, then the Box of Terrors, Chamber of Screams, and The Forest Stones mini-posters with stretch goals are your rewards.
At $30, custom dice are added.
The top tier has sold out already, but at $60, there are a few spaces left, and that’ll get you the dice, box and posters plus Calo’s Book of Monsters hardcover.
Check the comments below to see what readers have to say.