D&D 3 and 3.5 used a d20 system which became the d20 system when Wizards of the Coast allowed third-party publishers to use it. It was the forerunner to the system in place today, which allows publishers to use 5e. There’s even an old interview with Jonathan Tweet on Amazon about it.
One of the more prolific publishers with d20 was Mongoose Publishing, which is still active today with Traveller and other games. This latest deal from the Bundle of Holding shows just how busy Mongoose got as there are 26 books of magic, mainly arcane schools with D&D in mind, on offer.
This Encyclopedia Collection deal is all-new and available only until Monday, August 1st.
Encyclopedia Collection – $17.95
The retail value of all these downloads comes in at $104. It should be noted that while older D&D used d20, not all D&D does and not 5e.
- Abjuration: Shielded by Sorcery,
- Battle Magic: The Eldritch Storm,
- Blood Magic: Oaths and Sacrifice,
- Chaos Magic: Wild Sorcery,
- Chronomancy: The Power of Time,
- Components and Foci: The Materials of Magic,
- Conjuration: By Bell, Book, and Candle,
- Constructs: It is Alive,
- Crossbreeding: Flesh and Blood,
- Demonology: The Dark Road,
- Divination: The All-Seeing Eye,
- Dragon Magic: Power Incarnate,
- Drow Magic: Sorcery of Endless Night,
- Elementalism: The Primordial Force,
- Enchantment: Fire in the Mind,
- Familiars: Crouching Monkey, Hidden Toad,
- Illusionism: Smoke and Mirrors,
- Magic Item Creation: Forging Legendary Weapons,
- Necromancy: Beyond the Grave,
- Sovereign Magic: Mastery of the Land,
- Star Magic: Wisdom of the Magi,
- Tomes and Libraries: Secrets of the Written Word
- Encyclopedia Arcane Compendium
- Shamans: The Call of the Wild
- Fey Magic: Dreaming the Reverie
- Encyclopedia Psionica: World Shapers.
The charity partner for this deal is Direct Relief, which helps fight the pandemic.
- Mongoose’s Encyclopedia Arcane bundle
Join in the discussion below, start us off or pop over to the chat portal.