At the start of the year, it’s a DriveThruRPG tradition to offer a good sale, and it’s happening again this year. There’s 50% off a range of titles to persuade you to try a new RPG.
Leading that “there are other games out there” charge is six bundles;
- Scion 2E is Onyx Path’s urban fantasy in which PCs discover they are the child of gods. There’s a 52% saving on the $19.99 bundle.
- Southlands 5E is by Kobold and in this case, 5E does mean D&D’s 5E. It’s a setting in which the world crackles with elemental power. There’s a 51% saving on the $39.99 bundle.
- Achtung! Cthulhu 2d20 by Modiphius is set during World War II and among Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. The Nazi’s must be stopped from unleashing hell. There’s a 52% saving on the $29.99 bundle.
- Index Card by Runehammer has become a cult hit and now this bundle contains the 400-page Master Edition, with other titles. Save 39% on the $29.99 bundle.
- Dragonlock Ultimate by Fat Dragon Games isn’t an RPG at all but a terrain system that you download and print out. Save $52% on the $29.99 bundle.
- Elemental by Gildor Games is a flexible system for any game. The bundle comes with a Discovery Guide as well as content for players. Save 48% on the $12.99 bundle.
4,267 other options
There’s more choice than those six bundles. Right now, there are some 6, 267 downloads in the sale.
Outside the bundles, the biggest cash savings come from The Yellow King from Pelgrane Press, horror spread across time and reality, 2300AD the sci-fi from Mongoose and another horror in the form of Arc Dream’s Delta Green.
Highly rated games, according to DriveThruRPG’s system, include Glitch: A Story of the Not by Jenna Katerin Moran, Old-School Essentials Advanced Fantasy: Genre Rules by Necrotic Gnome and the Unity RPG Core Rulebook by Zensara Studios.
Sticking with D&D
However, if you suspect 2022 isn’t the year to try something new or that you won’t persuade your gaming group to try something other than D&D, then there’s still good news.
Sister-site, the DMsGuild, is running a similar sale with New Year, New Campaign.
Hit us up with some intelligent observations in the comment box below.