Jamila R. Nedjadi’s Our Haunt isn’t currently available from Itch.io. However, the second edition is up on Kickstarter, with a print edition and merch up for grabs.
The project is managed by a familiar name in indie RPG circles: Jay Dragon and Possum Creek Games. You can see progress, which is already far beyond the target, on the Kickstarter page.
How does it work? Characters in the game are ghosts, a family of them. The system is a rules-light engine, without dice or anyone acting as GM. No masters, as the pitch says. Tokens and community play instead.
The playbooks Our Haunt characters are based on are;
- The Loved, who remains in this world hoping to find their lost love — or at least, honour their memory.
- The Betrayed, murdered by violent means, trapped as a ghost until they get revenge.
- The Faceless, who died so long ago they can barely remember their true form.
- The Returned, who has seen the worlds beyond death and is here to spread the word.
- The Doll, trapped inside the body of a doll and unable to express their true self.
- The Cat, or the ghost of a cat, wandering these halls among these strange humans.
If funded, the final book will be a 100-page half-letter size and black and white. The paperback comes via the printer Mixam with Possum Creek Games acting as logistics. The PDF will be available at both Itch.io and DriveThruRPG.
There are tiers for people struggling with low or no incomes, but the PDF is available as a reward at $16 with a delivery date of February 2022.
The paperback is $25, and shipping is to be added. The PDF is included, and the delivery date is the same, February 2022.
There’s some pretty tempting mech that begins to appear at higher pledge levels. $60 adds in a t-shirt and an enamel pin. $100 adds another pin and an art print pack.
There are higher tiers, a retailer level and even a “genuine” haunted doll at a $1,000 limited offer.
Find out what Geek Native readers say about this in the comments below. You're welcome to add your own.