It was a runaway success, and I wanted a copy. Still, I didn’t back Evil Hat Production’s Powered by the Apocalypse Thirsty Sword Lesbians because a physical option wasn’t available outside America.
Blame shipping costs. I certainly don’t blame Evil Hat.
The good news is that Thirsty Sword Lesbians listed on DriveThruRPG today as a newly added product.
The PDF costs $15, the Softcover Premium costs $33.94 and right now, there’s a deal where you can get the PDF added to the physical copy for free.
We can see that the game has been on DriveThruRPG since February and presumably there to facilitate Kickstarter pledge delivery.
Designed by April Kit Walsh, the RPG celebrates love, power and the existence of queer people.
As the name suggests, there’s an element of tragedy and drama in the adventures, but the game is good with safety tools. It’s reviewed well.
The DriveThruRPG blurb says;
- Flirting, sword fighting, and zingers in a system designed for both narrative drama and player safety
- An innovative take on the Powered by the Apocalypse family of games
- Nine character types, each focusing on a particular emotional conflict
- Guidance and support for running the game, including how to make appealing adversaries
- Starting scenario seeds and multiple campaign settings
- Variant rules to highlight different identities, emotional connections, and setting elements
- Strategies to adapt any setting where swords cross and hearts race for thirsty sword lesbians
Take part in the community by leaving an interesting comment below.