Usually $19.99, the latest Heavy Gear Blitz! rules are a free download, in small book format, from DriveThruRPG.
Dream Pod 9’s wargame has over 20 years of history, and now the current ruleset, as of Spring 2021, is yours for the taking.
The small format edition has the same content as the 8.5 “x11” style ebook, but it’s shrunk down to a 5.5 “x8.5”-style instead. I’m using the word “style” here as physical measurements on a digital product seem daft.
That means these core rules include an introduction to the Heavy Gear universe, objective generation for your games, weapon rules, reference sheets and game tokens.
Of course, wargames are designed for use with miniatures, and that’s where the publisher tends to make some money, so there are model lists for the plastic minis of Northern, Southern, Peace River, NuCoal, CEF, Caprice, and Utopia Army boxes in the download too.
Dream Pod 9 say;
- Enjoy a fast paced, alternating activation game that leaves no player waiting as every action can be reacted to. Choose to play a casual skirmish game with as little as four models or an intense competitive game with 20 or more models.
- Build a force from 10 different Factions and 36 Sub-Factions drawn from multiple worlds of the Heavy Gear Universe.
- Use a “combined arms” approach to future warfare that includes Gears, Striders, Combat Mounts, Hovertanks, Tanks, Infantry, VTOLs, and Aircraft.
- Select from a diverse array of weapons, electronic warfare tools, and many other options to destroy your opponent.
- Wage war using a highly flexible system with customization options for commanders, forces, or even individual models as veterans and duelists.
The download comes in at 164-pages in total and was added to DriveThruRPG yesterday.
Take part in the Geek Native community by leaving a comment below.