Okay, having to sort through the nose for the signal in this one. A lot is happening. Here are the key bullets;
- D&D Live Roll W/Advantage will run from June 18 to June 20.
- You register for the event here.
- Many celebrities are involved.
- Thursday, June 18 at 12:00 PM PST there will be a D&D Adventure and Product Reveal
- Thursday, June 18 at 2:00 PM PST Deborah Ann Woll will DM Amy Acker, Janina Gavinkar, Matthew Lillard, and Sam Richardson (likely others).
- A press release from Wizards of the Coast contains the line “Fans of D&D will learn all about the new setting and storyline as well as accompanying new products plus tons of unique gameplay available on June 18, 2020”
Events are helping Comic Relief (the US version this time), and you can directly support by buying this Dungeons & Dragons and Red Nose Day Campaign t-shirt You only have 11 days left to grab this shirt, at the time of writing.
You can also support by picking up Return to Glory an adventure for orc characters level 6 to 8.
Then, on Friday, there will be a Red Nose Day game with Felicia Day, Brett Gelman, Maitreyi Ramakrishnan, and Martin Starr followed by Comedians like Thomas Middleditch, Brian Posehn, and Kevin Sussman playing D&D. In between those two events, at 12:00 PM PST, there will be another deep dive on D&D products.
On Saturday, there will be a Lost Odyssey Heroes game, a final D&D Product deep dive and then a bunch of wrestlers playing D&D.
So, based on that one crucial line in the press release, there is a “new setting and storyline” with “accompanying new products” on the way.
I notice that the charity t-shirt depicts a snowy owlbear and that the thumbnail used for the D&D Live Portal mention is that of adventurers out in the snow. Is that a clue for the new setting?
Do you think this is a full-on new campaign setting announcement? If so; what do you think it might be?