Here’s a weird one; Ladbrokes Bingo ran a survey to investigate romances and love in a few favourite cult TV series. Here’s what they dug up.
- Ross and Rachel from Friends were the nations favourite couple to come from TV and film (23%), closely followed by Jack and Rose from the Titanic (17%) and Han Solo and Princess Leia from Star Wars.(13%)
- Harry and Hermione were voted as the couple that ‘should have been’ (20%), closely followed by Jessie and Woody (18%)
- When Rachel gets off the plane in Friends was voted as the most romantic TV scene by 20% of the nation with Jack’s death scene (the last dance with Vera) on Coronation Street as the second most romantic (19%)
- Although they’re the favourite couple, their numerous break-ups have been pretty catastrophic as well as Ross and Rachel’s “We were on a break!” is voted the worst break-up from TV and film (26%)
- The Titanic is the most romantic movie moment of all time, when Rose ditches the lifeboat to go back to Jack (22%)
- The nation revealed Lady and the Tramp Is their favourite Disney love story (24%) with Beauty and the Beast a close second (23%).
- The Titanic was also the most heart breaking moment in film history when Rose lets go of Jack (20%) and “I’ll never let go Jack” the most romantic film quote (17%)
- Love Actually’s proposal came out as the best when Jamie learns Portuguese to propose to Aurelia (17%)
Not sure all these titles are Geek Native appropriate but I suppose they’re all pretty interesting.