Anniversary editions are a developing sub-genre of RPG industry Kickstarter action. We have the 20th anniversary of Werewolf already and now the 10th anniversary of Mutants & Masterminds. Wow. Was it only ten years between Werewolf: The Apocalypse and Mutants & Masterminds?
This is Green Ronin’s first ever Kickstarter but the stats show that Chris Pramas has backed plenty of other people’s campaigns previously. There may be some good karma to harvest there.
The Green Ronin strategy seems to be at the top end of the project. There are few micro pledge options and the cost increments get high quickly. At the time of writing the average cost of the lowest three pledge optionss is $18.33 and the average cost of the highest three pledge options is $1166.66.
It also made clear that the company is hoping to do well with the stretch goals and that the book really starts to develop once those goals start to trigger. Here’s the stretch goal ladder.
- $12,500: We’ll add a ribbon bookmark to the book.
- $15,000: We will incorporate the hugely useful Quickstart Character Generator into the book. This originally appeared in the GM’s Kit but it has proven so popular it really belongs in the core rulebook.
- $17,500: We will include a book plate signed by Mutants & Masterminds creator Steve Kenson.
- $20,000: We will add a special appendix to the book with essays by designer Steve Kenson, developer Jon Leitheusser, Green Ronin president Chris Pramas, and special guests about the design, development, and history of Mutants & Masterminds.
- $25,000: We will include Third Edition game stats for some popular characters from previous editions of Mutants & Masterminds in the special appendix